Friday, October 4, 2013

How many times?

Last week I finished reading the Book of Mormon. I don't know how many times I've read it all the way through. I do know that it took me a little over a year this time and that I used the institute manual to supplement my reading. Best decision EVER!!! It points out some great ideas that I would never think of on my own in addition to fantastic quotes from current church leaders.

After our little family moved to Phoenix I really had a hard time adjusting. I was still trying to figure out my role as a mother which was never "normal" with all of Tim's time off and the traveling that we did Oliver's first 10 months and that role continued to be somewhat abnormal living at my parents house. I missed my life in San Diego, our friends, and the weather. Not to mention spending almost every waking moment with Tim. I felt lost. It caused me to reflect and I realized that I wasn't doing a very good job reading my scriptures and I felt like maybe if I put a little more effort into that, life might not feel so confused. It still took me a while to adjust and I really didn't get into the swing of full on motherhood until we moved into our own place, but one thing I know for sure is that when I started reading the Book of Mormon on a regular basis I was able to think more clearly. Things made more sense and I felt uplifted by what I was reading. It was such a blessing.

Having finished reading the book another time around I've been trying to decide what I should do next, and then I read this quote by my most favorite prophet, President Hinckley, “I promise you that if each of you will [read the Book of Mormon], regardless of how many times you previously may have read the Book of Mormon, there will come into your lives and into your homes an added measure of the Spirit of the Lord, a strengthened resolution to walk in obedience to His commandments, and a stronger testimony of the living reality of the Son of God.” DONE!!! And so today I begin again. Hoping Knowing that "there will come into my life and into my home an added measure of the Spirit of the Lord." I've witnessed it before and I don't dare risk loosing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment