Christmas has a way of reminding me how incredibly blessed I am. You know the "expected things" like a roof over my head, nice clothes, delicious food to eat, and a loving family, all stick out like sore thumbs and I remember what a blessing each one of those things are and I remind myself to try a little harder to not take them for granted. As thrown off as I was this Christmas season, I still had a great one and I hope you did too!
Here's the last couple of weeks in pictures:
Tim's awesome parents came to town for a couple of days to visit us one last time before they leave on an 18 month church mission to South Africa. We are so excited for them. Oliver loved taking them to the train park!
Peter is going to be so much bigger when they get back!!
And hopefully less fussy, poor guy!
They brought this amazing Christmas gift with them. They made this nativity. I wish I had a better picture. Maxine is a potter and hand molded and painted each of the pieces and Frank made the actual manger. They are a very talented couple!!
Christmas Eve my mom hosted a delicious turkey dinner. There were 15 around her table. She is an excellent cook and host. After dinner we did a favorite things food item gift exchange white elephant style (did you catch that?). Tim and I scored going home with chocolate covered almonds and fudge dipped mint oreos and andes mints. It was a good night.
I love catching Oliver hanging out with my grandpa Frank. I'm so glad they get to be around each other.
The cousins "watched" a movie on my moms bed while the adults did the gift exchange. These boys LOVE each other!
This was the best shot we got of all four of us. I love all of my boys!!
Oliver and Peter got semi-matching Christmas eve Pj's
And time helped Oliver leave a note and milk and cookies for Santa Clause. I think Oliver was a little concerned about the idea of a strange man coming into our house while we all sleep. I can respect that.
How cute is Tim for drawing a reindeer and sleigh?
Oliver was pretty happy with his presents Christmas morning. One of his favorites was the play-doh construction set. And I am so happy that we got him toys that will keep him occupied. Makes life just a little easier.
Peter and Piper slept through breakfast Christmas morning while the rest of us had our traditional ham, eggs, hash-browns, cinnamon rolls, hot chocolate and OJ breakfast (hold the hot cocco for Tim). It was delicious!!! And then we opened presents with my parents and siblings. It was fun. Oliver got even more power tools to add to his collection and walks around with his "change saw" like a crazy person.
Whitney got tis great shirt and my dad is considering letting her borrow his hat to match.
Christmas night my mom hosted once again!! This time we were down to 11 at the table. We had fabulous green chili burros with homemade salsa and guac. We really are a family that loves to eat!!
After running out of time all season, Tim and I finally made it out to the temple lights in Mesa. They were beautiful as always and the crowds were much smaller since Christmas was over I'm sure.
When we got there Oliver said "this is amazing" I love that little man!
Whit's family came too which made Oliver especially happy.
I love this!
Seesters! I think this is the one time of year either of us actually wears a hat.
Peter is starting to be a little more generous with his smiles!!
And he has the best dimples!
Tim used Oliver's new headlamp to dig a splinter out of my hand (I got the splinter from one of the railings at the temple lights). I can honestly say that I would not recommend Dr. Davie for this procedure...granted he didn't have the correct tools, but still it took way too long and was way too painful ;)
And finally, a selfie with my lil baby who I am praying will start to sleep through the night ASAP!!
Thanks for a good time Christmas, 'till next year!






















That last picture is just adorable
ReplyDelete