On top of the night madness, we finally had Peter diagnosed with acid reflux poor boy. This explains a lot of the terrible nights sleep, lots of spit up, fussiness, back arching, inability to lay on his back, painful hiccups, and all the other joys that come with acid reflux. I think I felt just as bad for him as I did for myself. We got him on a medicine that seems to be working and I slept for 5 straight glorious hours last night. 5 hours never felt so good. AND I am pretty much only nursing now which is nice. I only pump when I plan on leaving Peter with Tim. Oh how I love progress!!
AND finally Christmas. I hate to say that I have never not enjoyed the Christmas season until this year. :( There has just been too much non-Christmas going on in our life. I didn't start Christmas shopping until just this past week and that is no fun. But, we are finally all ready for the "Most Wonderful Time of the Year" and I am mostly excited because Tim has the entire week off and we get to spend it together as a family. Now that is the best gift a girl could ask for.
I'm happy to say that life is so good, despite the sleepless nights and cranky babies. It's good to have the hard days, because the good days have never seemed so sweet!!
This is our REAL Christmas tree. And underneath it now houses brown paper packages tied up with string. I'm pretty happy about it.
The following is the progression of Oliver watching Frosty the Snow Man
I just love this kid!
I figured out how to give Peter a bath without Tim. I know that sounds ridiculous, but when Oliver was this little we always gave him a bath in the sink together, but since Tim's schedule is unreliable I realized that even though Peter is still little, I can still use the plastic blue tub with the assistance of a towel. Innovative I know (eye roll). It's the little things though right?
Post bath Mohawk! I love how all of his long hair starts in the middle of his head.
Peter has cradle cap.....ew. And the more I try and comb it out, the more he gets. So I'm going to just let it run its course.
This child on the other hand does not have cradle cap. Just long crazy hair.
Peter was crying and Oliver came up to him and said "sh sh sh, it's ok Peter" and gave him his paci. I hope this is the beginning of a wonderful friendship.
Snow day at the Children's Museum. I kind of want to get him a hockey stick now.
He had a lot of fun playing the the man made snow. I love that everywhere else in the country people are trying to get out of the snow and in Phoenix we make it.
Getting ready to throw a snow ball at me.
My grandpa e-mailed me this picture. It made me laugh. I have a pretty fantastic grandpa!!
My friend from BYUHawaii, Rachel, got married in October and had her open house last night. She was a stunning bride. I can't believe it's been 9 1/2 years since I met these girls. That was one of the best experiences of my life!
Summer 2004
My super talented friend Malerie made this adorable onsie for Peter. I am in love with it.
And even though this little bean is quite a handful, I do love him so. We had a really good day today. Lots of smiles and a limited amount of fussing. Things are really looking up around here :)
















I have been wondering if the medicine worked, I'm hoping the worst of it is over for you. Peter looks like he's filling out (which is a good sign of sleep in your future) and looking adorable! Also, I love the before and after photo of you and your BYUH friends, so awesome!
ReplyDelete