Oliver and his cousin Rhett are three weeks apart (they were supposed to be three days apart, but Oliver decided to show up three weeks early). So, this year my sister and I decided to throw a joint pirate water party for the boys. It turned out pretty cute. It was small (it would be insane to do anything bigger than what we did for three yr olds!) and hot and turned out pretty cute. Thank goodness for pinterest is all I have to say about that.
How cute is the entrance???
The scrolls are treasure maps for a backyard treasure hunt.
Cousins!
"Naugties"
Birthday Boys!
Everyone got a popsicle first thing. Now if you ask me, that's the way to start a party (especially when it's 110 degrees outside).
And everyone swam to get nice and wet first.
Then we played through the ring on the sword (I am holding the sword). If you missed you had to walk to plank. Everyone missed, but Oliver who somehow freakishly managed to get the ring on the sword. He still had to walk the plank.
Every child made it over.
At one point I decided to start squirting water at them as an obstacle.
Then we started the treasure hunt.
It looped around the backyard....
...and ended in the ally where there was a box full of treasures.
Each kid took turn digging for treasure.
And each kid took their super duper sweet time doing it. (Mind you it was 110 outside)
They opened presents .
And we had "scurvy dogs" for lunch
Tim decorated this awesome cake.
And the boys made a wish!
They were pretty excited about their party. And aren't they the cutest?!?!?













That is an ADORABLE party!! (although I'm not sure pirates are supposed to be adorable)
ReplyDeleteIt WAS adorable!
ReplyDeleteGreat post Syd! And awesome cake! ;-P
ReplyDelete