Sunday, October 5, 2014

Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater

Since like, I don't know, June, when I started asking Oliver what he wanted to be for Halloween he would say a pumpkin. I have no idea where the idea came from, but he is pretty set on it. I am going to make sure one last time tomorrow and if that's what he says then pumpkin is what he is getting. And if he is a pumpkin then you better believe that Peter is going to be a pumpkin eater. Because lets be honest, Peter tries to eat Oliver every day anyway.

Seriously though, Peter is a super feisty guy and will go after you with his mouth wide open if he doesn't like what you are doing. He is at such a sweet and squishy age. I just love his little self. He does need to start walking or I'm going to need to start investing in weekly massages because my back is getting all sorts of twisted from holding that wiggly sack of potatoes.
I know what you are thinking, how can that face (on my unmade bed) be feisty?


This may not be feisty, but it is not cool! This kid is a scavenger and a climber which makes me feel like I can never take my eyes off of him.

Isn't that the sweetest face? He is a pretty good eater. I'm surprised he's not fatter considering how much he can put away.

We've been so blessed to have Tim be able to moonlight lately. But the shifts are 12 hours and the clinic is about 45 minutes away and so by the end of the day I usually look and feel like this (especially when he works 8 days in a row between residency and moonlighting). My eyes look like they are about to pop out of my head.

Ok, lets just talk about his ridiculous comb over. I was dying! His hair has a mind of it's own.

He is working on mastering downward dog. I think he 's getting closer.

Look at Peter just contemplating what he is going to do to his brother.

And then he just goes for it!! 
Seriously though, one thing that is killing me about being a mom lately is how crazy these kids make me. Like pull my hair out, cry in the corner, my feelings are hurt, I'm the worst, kind of crazy. And then just moments later they say or do something that is so smart or adorable or sweet and I just want to squish them with how much I love them. It's like come on kids, I know you've got the sweet in you, let's just skip to rotten. If only it were that simple.


It's "fall" here in Phoenix which means we are officially out of the triple digits, we can sleep with our windows open and the mornings are nice enough to go to the park, a place that Peter is totally unfamiliar with and Oliver hardly remembers since its been months since we've been able to go. We've been jogging there since I am training for a half marathon that is coming up in November. I'm going to need to start doing more than going for a leisurely jog to the park if I don't want to keel over and die. Anyway, we are all pretty happy it's park season!

This slide is kind of the worst because your bum really gets a beating, but I love going down it with both boys.
It's also fun watching their facial expressions coming down (Tim's are pretty funny too)!

Oliver getting Peter's little piggies in the stroller.


And lastly, Tim has an interview for a job tomorrow. That is right. A real. Live. Well paying (hopefully). Job. As a real doctor!! It's pretty exciting stuff! And they are even going to take me out to dinner with him tomorrow night. I feel so adult like and old (as if kids didn't do that to me)......(always renting and driving the same car that I had in collage has really kept me feeling youthful and Tim working towards a "real" job for the past 7 years, but being wined (more like watered) and dined for a job interview, that is legit adult material.......tangent). Anyway, wish him and Me I guess luck! Can you imagine if I embarrassed him at the dinner and was totally awkward and spilled the beans about all of Tim's deep dark secrets and they didn't hire him because of me..... so I need it to. Wow, have a tangent!


No comments:

Post a Comment