Monday, October 27, 2014

Fall is Magical (but not in Phoenix)

Isn't Fall a magical season?? There is something so exciting about the days getting shorter, the air getting cooler and crisper, the apples becoming affordable, and the leaves changing into magnificent colors. I got to really experience fall the few years I lived in Utah. It's hard to really experience that "magic" here in Phoenix. The high on November 1st is 90 degrees so....not a lot of crispness in the air going on over here. The apples however are on sale and they are delicious. At any rate, my family is terribly spoiled. While the Fall season may not just "fall" (get what I did there?) into our laps every year, it is accessible to us. Thank you grandpa Frank and your priceless cabin.

Last week I took a girlfriend and her two boys up to the cabin with Oliver and Peter. It was a lot of work (four small boys in the outdoors is busy) but it was so much fun. It was so nice to put on a sweater and be cold. I thought me feet might freeze off during the night which is uncomfortable and yet refreshing. And it was MAGICAL!!! Oak Creek Canyon is a pretty special place. The cabin is tucked away down a dirt road that is lined with trees that posses beautiful colored leaves some of which are covering the ground and well it makes me happy.



Oliver and his buddy Carson

Carli and her cute kids Carson (3) and Simon (2)

Me and the boys

Oliver loved looking for sticks and big leaves

Peter LOVED crawling around in the grass and playing with the dead leaves

Playing in the leaves with my boys

Oliver was giddy about getting to drink hot "chloclate" It was the cutest thing EVER!!

More stick collecting

Oliver started setting up boobie traps for the bears on our walk

Another boobie trap

We went on a beautiful hike up West Fork. 

Tim is at a Medical Conference in Chicago (how legit does that sound? weird) for the week and so me and the boys are headed back up to the cabin with my mom for a few days. I am so excited to get to soak up a little more fall weather before winter takes over up there.

1 comment:

  1. Chicago?! That's our "neighborhood!" You should have gone with him and I could have met you there. :)

    ReplyDelete