Thursday, May 7, 2015

A Fun Day

Tim's working the last day of a string of 5 2:30pm-11:30pm shifts (which means he usually doesn't get home and to bed until 1am). It's pretty exhausting to feed bathe and put those two little boys to bed alone every night in a row for 5 nights. Can you hear the violin music playing? It's really not that bad. I'm just excited that this little stretch is over with.

It is pretty fun to have Tim around for the mornings (once he's done sleeping in, depending on what time he got home and to bed). Today we dropped Oliver off at preschool and then went for a hike with Peter and then hit up Costco before picking Oliver back up from preschool. It was a very productive morning. And today was Hawaii day at preschool. We don't really have a lot of Hawaii type clothes laying around, but I did manage to find a fantastically cheap straw hat at Hobby Lobby and some leis and presto, a fab Hawaiian outfit. I think he had fun!


After preschool we met Whitney, Rhett, Claire, and Piper at my mom's house for a little afternoon swim. And all the of the boys swam without their puddle jumpers on. Yay!! We were all pretty excited and impressed with them. Especially for the beginning of the season. I tell you, we are in trouble with those boys. They feed off each other so much for better or for worse. Lets just hope they stay on the better side. They were all pretty motivated by one another to swim. It was great. Meanwhile Peter gave me flash backs of Oliver two summers ago when he refused to get in the pool and preferred to just sit on the edge and splash his feet or better yet just run around the pool deck. He fell in the water twice. I'm going to have my eyes glued on that one all summer long!

IMG 3863 from Sydney Davie on Vimeo.

IMG 3864 from Sydney Davie on Vimeo.

IMG 3865 from Sydney Davie on Vimeo.

After swimming we came home to change and get me a shower. I let the boys watch Little Einsteins on Tim’s computer in our bedroom with a snack (Peter was buckled into his high chair which I wheeled into our room). While I was in the shower, Oliver decided that he and Peter wanted some tootsie rolls. So he moved one of the bar stools over to the cupboards, climbed up and got some tootsie rolls for the two of them. That is the first time he has done something like that so independently without saying a word to me and while sharing with Peter. I was so impressed with him and in the same breath felt like it was kinda naughty. He’s getting so big though and it’s good for him to do things independently….within reason.

The crime scene

Look at Peter just chomping on that tootsie!

Swimming must have really done him in because after our little break at home we headed to get gas and go to Target and Oliver fell asleep in the car at the gas station. And then he fell asleep in the cart at Target. And then he fell asleep again on the car ride home. And he still fell asleep a little after 8 tonight. To be honest I think the poor boy doesn’t get enough sleep. He’s been waking up around 5:30am pretty consistently these days (yuck). And with no nap. 


How uncomfortable does that look??


He is seriously just so wonderful!! What is it about sleeping children??

No comments:

Post a Comment