Memorial Day weekend is always such a fun weekend for our family. It usually means going up to the cabin which is always a good time. Oliver was beside himself with giddiness at the idea of getting to go to the cabin with all of his cousins. We left Friday morning and had to come home on Saturday night because we couldn't miss our ward two Sundays in a row. Even though it was short lived, it was so fun!!
It was really chilly up there which is unusual for May. By May its starting to warm up during the day. It's been unusually nice in Phoenix so it makes sense that it was chilly up there. We had a fire going the entire time which always gives off a nice ambiance. We were out of firewood, so my dad straight up cut down a tree (that was already dead) and chopped it up. He is a pretty legit mountain man. I think if I had to choose anyone to be stranded with on a deserted island it would be him. The man is more than a boy scout at this point. I think he could survive in the wilderness for days!
We got the wheelbarrow out to haul logs down from the side of the mountain where the tree was cut down. The kids took turns getting rides on the way back up for another load.
And then the ladies got bored with watching the men chop wood, so we decided to attempt some two man yoga moves. Two things about this picture. One: my mom is a really good sport and will attempt almost anything that I ask her to do which makes her one of my favorite people ever. Two: I laugh the hardest when I'm with my mom and sister. They are HILARIOUS!!
Whitney and I almost got this one right. I think her legs are supposed to be lower and mine are supposed to be higher.
Look, no hands..... ooooohhh! ahhhhh!
The best thing about these pictures is how are we were laughing to get into theses poses and then how straight faced we managed to be.
This one didn't really work out and caused the most laughter for sure.
Saturday morning I woke up early and accompanied these guys on their bike down Schnebly Hill from Flagstaff to Sedona.
I got to ride Chris's new truck and felt pretty hardcore romping down the hill. I got to do a little 4-wheeling and was pretty proud of myself. I had a moment where I thought, my high school guy friends would be pretty proud of me right now. There were a few times that I was bouncing around so much I was dying with laughter all by myself. I love me a good bumpy car ride.
The top of the hill had some beautiful views
Here's a better view without the men mucking up the picture ;)
Chris's fancy truck made me want a truck for half a second.
After the bike ride and breakfast, Whit, Claire and I went on a trail run up West Fork. We went all the way up to the "end of the maintained trail". We were gone for about 1 1/2 hours. It was so nice to get such a nice slow jog in. The weather was perfect and the views were spectacular!
We went on our traditional walk down the road to the Butterfly Garden Inn (used to be Don Hoel's) for some ice cream. I've been going on this walk since I can remember. I love passing traditions down to my kids.
There was a really nice Highway Patrol Officer who let all the kids sit on his bike. It was pretty great! Oliver was kind of in a mood so he looks legit in this picture.
Elle and Piper are the calm and sweet among the 5 boy chaos. They are pretty good sports, especially Elle. They are both so sweet and cute!
Peter LOVED the motorcycle. He was so happy to be up there.
The whole gang enjoying their treats.
Such a fun cabin trip!





No comments:
Post a Comment