Tim and Oliver drove up with my dad a day early, on Thursday. My brother Cody met them up there (just outside of Flagstaff) later that evening. And then on Friday, my BIL Chris and his two boys came up in the afternoon. It was a fun group!
Setting up camp! That's my dads huge tent. It's like the Harry Potter tents (except it doesn't look like a house when you go inside....lame).
Apparently Oliver was so excited about the tent and the sleeping bag that he asked Tim if he could take a nap. Something he never does and didn't actually do for that matter.
Oliver also really likes fires! And he loves hanging out with my dad. This was all around a priceless weekend for him.
Cody got there with his two boys and the three were off!
My dad is the master camper and I think he loves to get all his gear out and put it to good use. He is a dang good cook and made some delicious food for my boys. I'm actually afraid they ate better camping than they do at home :/
Ribs
Cherry Cobler
Oliver found a bone which was a pretty coveted item apparently.
Tim said that the three boys were out in no time the first night.
I've always envied how easy it is for boys to pee in the woods. I had a bad experience of peeing on my jeans camping in 4th grade that's really stuck with me ever since. Look had how tall my little three year old is getting!
Breakfast!!
Tim said Oliver was pretty excited that grandpa let him borrow his compass.
Oliver shot a BB-gun for the first time
T-ball!
The three naughties doing their thing.
This was a stake Father's and Sons so there was a LOT of people there. This is our boys with one of Oliver's closest friends Carson and his dad.
And the stake made a ginormous bonfire!
Everything was going great until Friday night around midnight. Oliver woke up and said, "I have to throw up" and then Tim rolled him over and Oliver threw up all over the tarp. Apparently that was the first of about 10 throw up episodes. And it wasn't just coming out of one end :( Poor Oliver started having the Big D! Tim finally decided to move to the car wear the two of them spent a very long 5 hours waiting for the sun to come up. It's times like this I am really glad that Tim is a doctor and is used to bad smells and bodily fluids. Meanwhile Tim started not feeling too well. So my sweet boys came home much earlier than expected on Saturday morning. And the only thing worse than washing stinky camping laundry, is washing stinky camping laundry that has been soiled with vomit and diarrhea! I am happy to say that after an afternoon of napping and laying low, both Tim and Oliver made a full recovery by this morning. Yay for short lived illnesses that don't spread (knock on wood)!
Olive with his throw-up cup. Sweet little guy!!
I did miss the two while they were gone, but I had so much fun hanging out with just Peter. That rarely happens. It was nice to be alone with my baby! And I also splurged on Friday night and got a babysitter and went to dinner (Babbos...so good) with Whit, Elle and my mom and then saw a movie (The Age of Adeline....not that good) with Whit and Claire. It was a successful girls evening and so fun to get out!!
Peter and I got milkshakes. He got his own because he REALLY doesn't like to share (little stinker). We share the same sweet tooth and I kinda love it!
Peter helped me take out the trash. I can't believe how big he's getting. This age is just the best!!!



















No comments:
Post a Comment