The weekend before last Tim was scheduled to work both Friday and Saturday nights (yuck!). So Friday morning we took some much needed family time and took the boys to the train park, which was so fun as usual (their ages are so great for park play) and then we got lunch at Phoenix Burrito House which was DELICIOUS!!! And then we said goodnight to Tim so he could get some sleep before his 12 hour night shift and the boys and I headed up North to the cabin to crash my parents weekend.
It's hard to get all THREE boys to look for a picture.
It was a windy perfect spring day. Seriously, the weather was spot on.
The boys like to walk up to the top of this tower and look around. I think they look like they are child prisoners. Usually you can only see Peter's hands which is hilarious, but Tim gave him a boost for the picture.
Peter decided the sun was too bright at the Burrito house so he put on my glasses. They have picnic tables outside which was totally perfect for eating out with the kids.
On our way out of town we were stuck in some nasty traffic north of Anthem. And then we drove past this.....I always get sick to my stomach when I see roll overs. I can't begin to imagine how terrifying that would be. I don't think anyone died.
It was COLD at the cabin. I guess cold is relative when you're from Phoenix, but there was definitely a fire going and hot chocolate. And cozy PJ's.
The boys went down to the patio with Grandpa to feed the one fish that remained in the pond through the winter. We usually build the pond back up in the spring so we can have fish to feed all summer long.
We went on a walk and Peter became very fascinated with a bug. I love how intently he crouches down and looks at it.
I thought this was such a sweet shot of him looking up at my mom.
The blossoms were out up there and they were BEAUTIFUL!!
I love these two!!! And so do my boys. They are pretty good to us. And they were so nice to let us spend the weekend with them.
I told the boys to freeze and this is what Oliver did so naturally, monkey see, monkey do!
I love these two!!
Peter was SO excited about the big rock he was about to throw in the creek. He was having a blast throwing rock after rock until he finally fell into the freezing cold water. He was pretty upset by the ordeal.
Fortunately I had a sweater that he could wear after taking of his wet shirt and Grandpa gives great shoulder rides, so he recovered quickly.
Oliver helped Grandma collect sticks for firewood on our walk back to the cabin.
Peter looking ever so stylish in my sweater.
Oliver poising with the purple flowers he was picking for me.
My boys loving on their girls. I'm so glad we were able to sneak this trip in before the baby comes. Baby's change everything....at least for the first little bit. By the way, who is that gigantic kid sitting by me? When did Oliver get so tall and big? I'm so confused by it.
And lastly, this is what happens when you have a Birthday and I'm out of town with my mom. You get a selfie of us sent to you. Neither of us showered that day. Sharing our dirty natural look was the least we could do for a Birthday.
And of course this weekend happened to be General Conference weekend. It was SO GREAT!! We got to watch conference in such a beautiful setting. It was so awesome to hear the words of the Prophet, apostles and church leaders. So much inspiration! I'm always so proud to be a member of the church after weekends like that.
Life is good!













No comments:
Post a Comment