Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Boys, Building and Brothers

Oh Boy!!! I do love my boys!! But man are they exhausting :) I think I'm just tired in general right now (growing a baby for 9 months will do that do you). But I must say, as tiring as they are (and they are) they are so fun!!! Oliver's little genius brain has just been exploding with creativity. For some reason I always thought I would have to enter this world of make believe and pretend driving around trucks, but Oliver hasn't really gone that route. He's definitely been more on the creating side of things. He loves to build and draw and start from scratch and he just amazes me. 

This is a "robot" he made at my mom's house. Isn't it cool? The middle stick hanging down swings around and had a very intentional purpose.

This is a pretty awesome lego ship he made. I love it!

He made this fun little garage? At the library (side note: I love the library and all that it offers. It's pretty great!) He's always so proud of his creations and we try to always take a picture so he can show his dad.

Oliver has also been the worlds biggest sour patch kid lately. Like he can seriously not get any sweeter and seriously not get any more sour. I obviously love him regardless, but his unpredictability is ridiculous. The thing is, when he is sweet, it just makes me the happiest mom ever!! He can be the biggest helper and super thoughtful and kind. The boy can be delightful. Now, if we can just figure how to channel that sour taste into something a little more productive...

The other day I was laying on the couch and he came over and wanted to snuggle with me. It was the sweetest!

Meanwhile, Peter is trying to find his place as the no longer a baby. Something he has claimed for a while but now that he is finding his voice (seriously the kids talks a lot and says some pretty funny stuff) he's working through the responsibilities that come with being a "big kid". It's a work in progress, and I still think he's my baby so I'll let him have the big kid status if that'll make him happy.

I made him these glasses while we were playing with bristle blocks and he was pretty please with them.

I think the sweet boy is going through a growth spurt because he seems to need more sleep lately. He fell asleep on the way to take Oliver to preschool. And even though he looks so old in his little skinny jeans, he crumples right into my arms the minute I take him out of that car seat and I absolutely love it!!!

Peter has really taken to using utensils when he eats which makes me so happy. He's a pretty messy eater, but he's getting good at feeding himself with a spoon or a fork and even better at leaning over his bowl or plate....

Unless he decides to eat standing up :)

And finally, these two little brothers are starting to play together. Hallelujah!!! I just really feel like that is one very important benefit of having two kids. So not only do they fight (to be expected) but they've started to play together and it just makes me want to do a jig, a happy dance, shout it on the rooftops kind of excited. I LOVE it. In this picture they were pretending that they needed to go to sleep. I'll take that kind of make believe too.

On another day I found them in their "fort". Which lets talk about how hesitant I was to getting bunk beds and how fantastic they have ended up being. I am so please with them. The boys love them. And I am so happy that I have them in the same room, sharing, and bonding.

I just love these boys so much!! It's funny that I don't think I would have planned to have my first two kids be two boys right in a row, but I LOVE that it happened that way. These two are my world. They give me so much purpose and they make me happy (and boarder-line insane at times) but I am really loving this motherhood thing which only means one thing....it's time for the next challenge :) Bring it on baby #3. 




No comments:

Post a Comment