Well, I am almost done "nesting". Technically I don't know if you can every really be done nesting because there is always something to clean and put away and reorganize and and and....but for the most part, I am done. We got Oliver a booster seat and got the infant seat cleaned up and put in the van (weird). And my hospital bag is halfway packed, so things are getting real. Tim had Tuesday and this morning off so we spent a lot of time getting little things done....

Tim picked the rest of the oranges from our tree. I swear he picked them all, but then we saw a few more up there today. It seems impossible to get ALL of them.
We got two big buckets FULL of oranges and Tim juiced all of them today. That stuff is SOOOOO GOOD! I really can't get enough of that freshly squeezed goodness.

Today the boys helped me clean the bathrooms and Peter helped me wash windows. Please notice his bare hand on the window....I was trying to teach him that he needed to find another place for his hand :)

Yesterday we had a sweet little friend over, Sadie, so her mom could go on a field trip with her older brother. These two are the sweetest friends. I've been doing my best to include having other peoples kids over in my "nesting" this go round 'cause I'm going to be needing that favor repaid a lot in the next moth or two :)
And today we finished the nursery. I LOVE it!!! I really am so please with how it turned out. I feel like I kind of got a late start planning it, but it came together and looks so cute.

This is the painting that Tim's sister did for us. She is amazingly talented and I just love it!
I found some super cute "girlie" board books on amazon and my sister got me some for my shower and I got the rest. I finally settled on a print for this fun wood frame that I found. The quote is, "I love you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck" which is from that cute song. My grandpa used to sing it to us grandkids when we were little and I LOVED it. I still love it and memory of it makes me so happy!

Found this great lamp at Target (man I love that place!).
And there it is all together. I'm just missing a pillow for the chair, but I'm keeping my eyes open. It really is a happy room.
Meanwhile, the rest of my nesting consists of trying to seize the day with these two yahoos!...
Oliver can color inside the lines.....AMAZING!!
He also likes to have Peter be is guinea pig....and Peter is totally ok with it.
Peter LOVES balloons (Tim went and bought him a helium filled balloon just 'cause he's a nice dad). Peter is also into sunglasses and since he doesn't have a pair of his own, he will ask to borrow mine...no joke....makes me laugh.
He also has an adorable face and awesome hair!! I'm most sad about what this baby is going to do to Peter. I felt the same way about Oliver. It's kind of sad to rob the baby of their role as baby...even though Peter really is happy to be a big kid. Maybe it's me that's going to have a hard time adjusting to Peter not being a baby?!?!
Over all I'm feeling great and haven't had any signs of labor. I feel like this girl is going to teach me a lesson for telling everyone I usually go early by coming right on time....or late! Such an interesting waiting game!






No comments:
Post a Comment