I looked over at Oliver the other day and had this very weird experience. He's no longer a "small" child. Now I know that small is relative, but Oliver is not a baby any more. He's not a toddler. He's pretty much grown out of the toddler clothing section and is now in the boys clothes.....what the heck?!?! How in the world did that happen? It's so sad and yet so exciting! The boy is ready to grow and I am going to do my very best to get me some patience and enjoy the ride with him.
Oliver is adorable. He really has a super sweet face. He can be the sweetest kid. He tells me I'm pretty and nice and that he loves me all at random. He also tells me I'm the meanest, and he hates me and that Tim is way cooler than me. Oliver is smart smart smart. Today he was telling me about his knew lego set and he called it a "siphicated brick system" (sophisticated brick system) quoting the Lego Movie. He remembers tiny details and experiences he's had. He loves to work and be busy and is always happy to help unload the dishwasher or clean the bathrooms. Oliver loves to build with legos and blocks. He is extremely good at drawing and loves art. He likes to say "naughty words" like poop and bum at inappropriate times and likes to push peoples buttons....because he can and he's super good at it. He's also becoming more and more aware of others and will be quick to apologize or recognize when he's made a mistake. He gets super frustrated when he's working on something and things don't look quite how he wants them to. Oliver is super sassy and strong willed and as a mom this can be super challenging and make me go crazy, but I wouldn't change him for anything. I have a feeling this boy is going to do some pretty amazing things with his life and I am so grateful I get to watch!! I love my Oliver!!
August
September
October
November
December
January
March
April
May
June
All of Olivers dreams came true on his Birthday when he got a Ninjago Lego set. He spent two days building it with me or Tim or Logan.
We sent Tim updates as we built.
Working on the temple. He loves to explain how it all works.
Another dream came true when Oliver asked for a Star Wars Cake and Tim made him a pretty awesome one!
He's cousins thought it was pretty cool and I think he loved that almost as much as he loved the cake!
Tim died the frosting black so we all had black mouths after eating it...cool ;) He also made an awesome buttercream frosting to hold all four layers together. Tim's a pretty fun dad!
Making a wish and blowing out the candles.
I think he had a pretty great Birthday! We went to breakfast on his actual Birthday and then went swimming and had dinner at my parents house. Then we had cake and ice cream also at my parents house with cousins today. And then we'll do a friends party in a few weeks. He's a pretty loved 5 year old!












No comments:
Post a Comment