Monday, July 25, 2016

Long Live Summer!!

How is it that there is two weeks left of summer? I'm so confused. I guess between the baby and moving it really just flew by. We've had a great summer!! It's been pretty mellow and I've enjoyed all the time we've had as a family and that we were able to get out of town even with a new baby. 

We were here for the fourth of July!! We started the day off with a bike parade at our church building. Oliver was especially excited about this! He loved having a decorated bike.

Peter Rocked the scooter and was so slow that basically they had the parade without him and he just scooted around by himself. It was great!


We are usually at the cabin for the Fourth of July, but we stayed in town this year (both my brother and sister and their families were out of town) so we had a fun little swim party and BBQ at my parents house with my grandparents and Uncle. It was great to see everyone in the water.

These two pasty white swimmers!! I love them!

Peter LOVES wearing sun glasses. I have also discovered that I need to travel around town with a waster bottle. It is so hot and I forget sometimes that I need to remind my boys to drink water...rookie Phoenix mom mistake.

Molly's smile has doubled. I LOVE it!! she is just a bundle of sweetness and joy.


This is documenting that I forgot to pack one of her diapers so she ended up in Peter's size FIVE....hahaha whoops!

Costco sheenanagans!! 

Monkey see Monkey Do!

We went to cow appreciation day at Chick fil a and got ourselves some free food!! I can't believe I don't have a picture of us all in our cow ears, but it was pretty cute! Peter was super happy to wear his even after we got home. He's really in to dress up right now (see further photos).

I really could eat her up!

All four of my people watching the tube. I will admit, my boys have watched more TV than I would like to admit, but with a nursing baby it really helped keep me sane so...better luck next summer with less TV!

This was the summer that Oliver discovered mine craft. He LOVES it!! The kid is obsessed with building things. I'm so impressed with how good he is at it.

Logan came to visit!! It's always so great to have him around. He is so enjoyable and my kids adore him.

I went ahead and bought a kayak at Costco cause you know...what child wouldn't want to kayak in a pool?!?! So far it's been a pretty big hit.

I swear when the original four get together we often manage to slip away even if its to take Logan to the airport. It's fun to be carefree sometimes.

So sad Logan had to go back to Utah. We miss him not living close.

Dressing this girl will never get old. This is a cute little outfit my friend Malerie made for Molly.


This is a pretty great representation of my days and their personalities. It's kind of amazing that my whole life right now is in that one picture (minus Tim of course). But seriously, these kids mean everything to me. And even though they drive me bananas at times, they bring so much joy and purpose to my life. I'm obsessed with them!

And speaking of obsessed, these two!! Peter is just her protector. He really is so concerned for her and loves her.

Oliver built a "temple". He's my little master builder in every way.

Sunday dinner at my moms. Grandpa Frank and his Great grandkids. 

And his grandkids. I love this man!! He is amazing! I feel so lucky to be his grand-daughter and to get to see him so often.

Meanwhile Molly has found her fingers. I am desperately trying to give her the paci instead but she is busting a Peter and prefers those two middle fingers. Noooooooo!! Peter's finger sucking is at a point of no return. I have no idea how to break that habit. So I will still try to persuade this girl that the paci is the way to go. 

Playing pirates!

Arrrrggg!!

A visit to the Science Center. Oliver has been asking to go. He really likes to stand in the "virtual storm" that they create.

Peter standing in the Wild Fire

Cousins at the Science Center!!

A Pirate Sherif. Oliver was spending time with my mom for his Birthday, so it was just Peter and Molly. Peter decided to wear this get up on the errands that we had to run. He had a lot of grandmas gooing and gahhing in the stores. 

Always asking to hold her.

This kids has been sleeping in some pretty crazy positions.

A crazy game of Go Fish

Just getting creative with the stools.

Tim showing the kids how to play Sonic.

My friend Maren, from San Diego, was here this weekend. Her in-laws live in Glendale so I usually get to sneak in a visit when they come down. She just had her third boy. All three of our kids line up pretty close which is pretty great! This is August sitting with Molly.

And Oliver had fun, with her oldest Easton, playing legos. 

After we had dinner we ditched our husbands and kids and got ourselves some Sweet Republic Toffee Banofee! It is my goal to introduce everyone who comes to visit to this deliciousness!!

These two were just being cute and holding hands. 

Oh Peter...

You're hilarious!!

Everyone needs a turn with the jumbo glasses.

Even Miss Molly!

This mom life is a pretty good one. I'm exhausted, but my hands and heart are so full and that is such a good feeling.

Alright summer. I'm not done with you yet! Two more weeks, let see what we can do!



No comments:

Post a Comment