Sunday, July 3, 2016

Our New Digs

I'd say we are 99% moved in and 80% finished with the re-do's. And most of the 20% that's left is yard stuff. Yay!! Not too bad for only living her three weeks right? I'm so excited about our house. I didn't know that I would love it this much but I really do! I love the paint colors and the light fixtures and how the furniture looks and everything! It's been so great. I am going to go through in a few weeks and take some better pictures, but for now here's a little peak at what we've been working on and what's been done.


We've done a lot to the outside. My dad, Cody and Tim took out a bunch of rocks and that little short wall in front. Tim and Cody spent a ton of time last week installing sprinklers in the dirt part and we're hoping to have grass growing soon.

This was toward the end of our packing. It got pretty sloppy at the end. Lots of putting everything into big trash bags. Moving three blocks away is very un-motivating. But we got it all out of there...

Our last picture in our little patio home. We lived there for over three years. The longest we've ever lived in a place our entire marriage. This was our sixth move in the 8 1/2 years we've been married. And I really dislike moving! 

Now to the fun stuff...

My mom spotted this cool mirror at target. It looks like a port hole.  We hung it up outside of the boys bedroom in the hallway.

Molly's nursery 

Tim and Cody installed the can lights. And Tim has installed four fans so far. Only two more left. This is also the first place we've had ceiling fans in the rooms. So wonderful!!

Tim also installed this light above the dinning table.

This is the new flush mount for the entry way. I love it!! It reminds me of a 1950's swim cap :)

Here she is hung up!

The play house has already gotten some use. The kids LOVE it!

I am super excited with how the family room turned out! I'm obsessed with the big window in the front. This house has fantastic natural light!!



The dining room

Tim put new black shutters up.

Tim also put together this dresser that we decided to put in the boys closet. He's one patient man. I think it took three hours to put it together...yuck!

Our new washer and dryer in our super spacious laundry room. I have big plans for this room!

Our new outside sconce.

I found that clock and target and really wanted to hang it up but felt like the corner needed a little something and then I found the chair (also from target) and it just felt like it was meant to be.

We hung white curtains and it's amazing how much it softens the windows and adds to the room. This picture obviously doesn't to it justice. 

Tim also installed these fun hammered sconces in the hall.

And this flush mount in our other hallway.

It has been so fun to decorate and pick out what we want. Especially since this is the first time we've been able to. And now I'm exhausted and I'm ready to enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. So awesome! I didn't even realized you guys moved! It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the best taste! In a couple months you can start designing and shopping for my house.

    ReplyDelete