Peter sleeps in all sorts of ridiculous positions. I'm sure he was bored to tears trying to fall asleep and finally fell asleep like this.
After months of tell my boys it's too hot outside, I'm finally telling them that they can't be inside!! Hooray for decent weather. They have a pretty good time together. At least they do when they're not fighting.
Wednesday Peter and Molly and I met Whit and Rhett at the zoo. I have a little bit of guilt for doing fun things while Oliver's at school. I mean he had plenty of non school fun time with me before he started kinder, but I still feel kind of bad.
The Orangutans were putting on quite a show for us and since they are my favorite animal I was loving it!!
We let the boys ride the carousel. I kind of love that they chose the dolphin and the shark.
I had to wake Peter up from a nap to go pick up Oliver (not my favorite). I woke him up by saying, "do you want to go to Whitney's house to play with Rhett and Crew" and he sat up slowly and with a big grin said, "AB-So-LUTELY!!" It was pretty incredible.
So Friday was Veteran's day. The older I get the more I truly understand what the significance of that holiday is and how truly indebted I am to all of the service men and women who have and continue to sacrifice so much for freedom and our country. Both of my grandpas and Tim's dad have all served in the military and I am so proud of all of them and their service.
I am also really grateful Tim had the day off :) We organized our shed in the back yard which was making me hyperventilate. Then we met some friends for a picnic at a park (no pictures) and then we picked up some delicious street tacos and went out to my sisters house to celebrate her Birthday with some friends and play games.
Saturday morning I helped my mom throw a shower for my second cousin. Tim was the nicest dad and helped the boys do a free lemonade stand.
Tim said Molly fell out of the bumbo....but was not hurt thankfully. The boys had a good time and I think want to charge for their product next time.
We had an evening in. And it was delightful!! Tim captured this picture of me reading to the boys. I LOVE reading to the boys. It makes me so happy. I am really looking forward to reading the Harry Potter books with them.
These two were the first awake this morning. I love that Oliver is loving Molly more and more. She looks unhappy in this picture, but I swear she was happy to get the attention.
After church we had some really great family time. I made a cake for dinner at my mom's house and then we made a grateful tree, so we can write what we're grateful for each day and fill up the tree. We also put together little bags with snacks to hand out to people down on their luck while we are running errands. It was really nice to have some time to talk about little things that are really important. Then we went to my moms house.
She made TURKEY DINNER, because this one requested it for her Birthday. And since my mom is a saint and makes the best turkey dinner and has no problem making it two weeks before Thanksgiving, that's what we had. My mom really is the best!!
I love sitting around this big table with all of these people. It gets loud and their's lots of over the table shouting at the kids that are not pictured here, eating in the kitchen, but it is just the best and most special and I treasure all the time we have together, especially the time we have with my sweet grandpa and his wife.
Whit gave Molly her first set of Pig tails.....It's hilarious. Because lets be real here, Molly has the worlds highest forehead. I mean her hair line on the side starts mid ear...hehehe!! I know it will fill in, Peters did, but still, I feel like the pig tails really emphasize where her hair is lacking and I just can't help but laugh when I look it it. I will say that it's super impressive that my 6 month old has enough hair for pigtails though. Way to go Molly!! In 6 more months it'll really be awesome.
The Birthday girl blowing out the candles on her cake.
Alright Monday, Bring. It. On!! We've got lots of good fun things to look forward to and experience and I'm super excited to make it happen!! (please pray that optimism keeps up)













No comments:
Post a Comment