Monday, April 3, 2017

Conference weekend; triplets, twins, and a baby

In November Cody asked my mom, Whitney and I if we would watch his kids while he and Claire went to General Conference in Utah in April. We all agreed that we'd split the kids up. In late January Whitney got invited to go on a cruise with some friends the same weekend :) So that left my mom and I to split BOTH of their kids. All 6 of them. I decided to take the three youngest and my mom took the three oldest. And it was a crazy weekend. 

I got Piper Thursday afternoon!! She's 6 weeks younger than Peter and the two play pretty well together. I had fun giving her and "Elsa braid" after her bath and she sang "Let it go" while I was braiding which was adorable!!

I got the rest of the kids Friday afternoon and I had a little glimpse into what it would be like to have SIX kids under the age of six....it would be nutty by the way!

Tim spearheaded the teeth brushing. 

We let the boys sleep in the family room Friday night. We had attempted to let Piper and Peter sleep in the same room the night before but had to finally split them up at 9:30pm to get them to fall asleep. So we kept them separated. 

Saturday morning we dropped an empty donut bag off at my moms house for the big kids in attempt to play an April Fools trick on them and then stayed and had donuts that we had brought.

I printed off BINGO sheets in an attempt to encourage the kids to listen to conference. It worked for one, maybe two talks.

Then it looked like this.

And Molly decided to try and bite the bottom of my foot which was weird.

Lunch time looked like this.

We went swimming between sessions, which the kids loved!! The look on my face is ridiculous...

But despite how cranky I look, the kids had a blast!!


Molly gave Ell some extra love!

And post bath time looked like this. Those boys were in heaven meeting up on Mine Craft.


We decided to let them all try to sleep by each other Saturday night and it work out ok.

The boys had fun playing legos on Sunday morning.

Piper gave me some super sweet snuggles.

Molly was so pooped at lunch time on Sunday she fell asleep in her highchair the sweet baby!

And Sunday evening we took the kids over to my parents house where Cody and Claire picked them up and kept them all until Whitney came home on Monday. It was a long crazy weekend. I caught a little bit of conference which was so inspiring and so great!! I experienced what it would be like to have triplets, twins and a baby....no thank you!! But it was so good to spend time with my niece and nephews and I love that my kids got to be with their cousins. I am so grateful they have such good close relationships with them and that we live close enough to see them so often. It truly is such a blessing. 

Peter was so pooped by the end of the weekend that he fell asleep on my parents bed when we were dropping the kids off. Sign of a good weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment