I stressed and stressed over whether or not to start Oliver in Kindergarten last fall. He's a July Birthday which makes him a very young Kinder. I had way more people tell me to hold him back than say put him in. But I was super stressed at the thought of keeping my very curious and intelligent 5 year old home for another year especially with a new baby in the house. Tim and I took a leap of faith and enrolled him. I still question if it was the right decision from a long term standpoint. Will he hate being the last one of his friends in his grade driving and dating? Will he hate graduating from high school when he is still 17? But I will deal with those repercussions later. Oliver has definitely been a late bloomer in Kindergarten. He's struggled (and still does sometimes) with paying attention and staying on task. But last Thursday we went to a showcase at school and I was blown away by how much he has learned, his confidence, and how far he has come. I am so proud of my sweet boy!! His Spanish teacher spoke to him in Spanish and he did his very best to listen and he responded to her. It was so impressive!! He was excited to show us his artwork, which by the way, guys he's got the Davie artistic gene!! The kid is a good little artist and LOVES it!! And he was happy to show us his little space away from home and I loved seeing it!!

His sweet little self portrait!!
"A cat can jump over the fence"
"A car cannot drive"
Oliver's awesome Dr. Suess poster
Oliver was showing me all of the butterfly things he's been learning and working on.
Oliver's "quilt" from art class was chosen to be displayed in the cafeteria. His is the one on the far right.
I am head over heals for my sweet little family and I am extra proud Oliver and all of his hard work!
I had Piper for the weekend starting Thursday night while Cody and Claire went to Utah, so she got to tag along!
No comments:
Post a Comment