I LOVE my life! It really is so blessed. It's by no means perfect, but I am very aware of how blessed I am. However, it's very entertaining to look at pictures and see the madness that is my life sometimes. For example, last week was crazy. Tim's schedule was pretty awful (lots of long days, night shifts, not enough sleep), and I did afternoon, dinner and bedtime on my own a number of times (which by the way is the HARDEST part of the day). Anyway this is what one of my afternoons looked like:
Peter fell asleep in the car on the way to get Oliver. He does this A LOT!! It actually the worst because if Peter takes a nap in the afternoon he won't go to sleep until 9 at night which is a bummer. Anyway, on the way home from school while Peter was sleeping, there was construction on a main street that prevented us from turning down our street. I told Oliver about it and he said, "Damn it!!" Yep, that came out of my five year olds mouth. Please note I do not say that word and especially not if front of my kids. No idea where he heard it. It made me laugh but then I had to correct him and teach him that we DO NOT say that word. Then we got home....
Peter slept a little more on the couch and then he woke up and proceeded to tinkle on my couch like a little puppy....really? Ew!! So I cleaned it up.
Then Oliver started crying because, he went into "survival mode" on mine craft "and a creeper got into his secret room and he didn't know it was a bomb creeper and it exploded and it ruined his whole secret room".....sobs! Oh My Goodness, get a grip child!! So we handled that with a phone call to Tim who helped us out!
Documenting them being up to no good ;)
And lastly I was giving them a bath and noticed that Molly had a BITE mark on her leg and automatically I knew that at some point in time Peter (who has a thing about putting Molly's fingers in his mouth and just really likes to kiss her because he can't stand how cute she is...what's a mom to do?), he must have bit her out of I can't handle her cuteness? Or something. But you know what? We all survived. I didn't even cry. And I actually laughed at most of it. Oh becoming a seasoned mom and trying to let some things go is good for the soul.
And the Madness and the Goodness just continued...
The day before we took the kids to The Habit after school for some shakes and Peter managed to spill his entire class of ice cold water all over my lap. It was "take your breath away" cold.
Peter had super hero day at preschool so he went in his PJ's as Gecko from PJ Masks.
And his awesome teacher Ms Michelle, who I love, went as Wonder Woman!
Molly loves her bath time! If she's having a real good time, she throws a huge fit when you take her out. Like screams at the top of her lungs.
A couple of weeks ago I met a couple of friends at the Children's Museum. It was nice and quiet and the kids had a blast.
Molly did a great job crawling around and entertaining herself.
Peter had fun "cooking" pizza for me.
Oliver took the pizza cooking very seriously, and was thrilled to score a chefs hat while doing so.
Molly got to try on a Cinco de Mayo headband on at Target.
She also wore an adorable new dress to church. My sister in law got Molly some of the cutest church dresses and we are just now getting to them. They'er pretty great.
A little snapchat with my oldest!
I've been trying new hair-dos on Molly. She HATES it so much when I put her hair up. She doesn't sit still and I stink at it which makes for a lot of tears and frustration. Sorry baby girl, this is just the beginning!
Molly loves playing on Peters bed with him. It makes her so happy that she can get up there all by herself.
Hanging around at a friends house.
I don't know how she does it, but she manages to get her foot up while she eats a lot of the time.
Asleep in the car...again!
Nose scrunching with my girl.
I took Molly and Peter to the splash pad at Scottsdale Quarter last week. Molly who is obsessed with sticking rocks and leaves in her mouth, was picking up rock after leave and then I'd take it away. After about 10 minutes of this I watched as what I thought was a leaf flew away. It was not a leaf, it was a wasp and it got her hand pretty good. She was one sad little baby and I had no idea how to get her to stop crying. I was finally able to distract her with some food poor thing.
Her little hand swelled up pretty big though. She was fine by the next day.
Peter loved the splash pad and I'm happy to report that he didn't have any run ins with wasps.
Molly's been doing this a lot lately.....holding on to my leg and just whining at me. Is it terrible that it makes me laugh. Look at that disgruntled little face.
We died Easter Eggs last week. The kids had a good time but got bored pretty fast so I ended up finishing the eggs.
Peter was most excited about the frog.
Isn't this such a cute set? It's from target of course. I don't pretend to shop anywhere else :)
Logan was in town for the weekend and we went swimming on Good Friday. I swear Molly loved it...
See? Look at her, pure joy!
The pool is still pretty cold but the boys had a blast with their cousins.
We bought that kayak last year and it's been a pretty fun pool purchase.
We went to Whitney's house on Saturday while Tim and Chris were at the cabin with my Dad, Cody and Logan working on projects up there. We thought putting Molly in this little car was pretty hilarious. She wasn't super amused.
Peter had fun dressing up as a Storm Trooper with Crew.
Before I was a mom when I'd picture being a mom, this is what I'd imagine. Laying in my big bed with all of my kids on a Saturday morning. Oh the goodness!!
Peter eating the chocolate off of an egg that had a toy inside. He inhaled the chocolate and was so excited to see what toy he got.
These two having a lunch date. Molly was pretty excited to be sitting up at the big kid table. Then she fell of the chair. I think I was a little premature with that one.
Ok, look at Molly's hair. Her bangs were pulled off to the side and then the hair from the top of her head was combed over to look like super bad bangs. I thought it was hilarious!! Because it is hilarious!
And lastly, I took myself on a date Tuesday. After the madness of last week, Tim was home and I skipped out for a couple of hours to have a delicious lunch by myself and read a little of this great book and grocery shop alone. It was so good to have a minute to myself amongst the craziness. I'm so lucky to have such an involved partner to tackle this crazy parenting adventure with. I wouldn't have any of it any other way!! (Maybe a little less poop and urine ;)






No comments:
Post a Comment