Last Monday morning I got up super early and got a 7am flight to Salt Lake City with my mom and sister. We were headed to Provo to spend the week at BYU Education Week. It was so much fun!! It was the perfect amount of sleeping, eating yummy food, having fun conversations, shopping, getting a pedi, and sitting through uplifting and inspiring lectures on how to "do life better" as my sister puts it. I came back happy, excited to see my kids and husband and ready to try a little harder to be a little better and not feel guilty when I'm not that good at life :) I want to make going to Education Week a priority every year. It was totally worth it!!!
Ready for take off!!
Monday was the big eclipse!! We went to my mom's best friends house and her handy man had some pretty great glasses that we borrowed for a minute to look at the sun. It was pretty impressive. We went out to lunch with Kay and then we met up with my Aunt and Cousins for dinner. And then we headed to Provo that night!!
Whit and I were super happy to be able sleep in without kids waking us up and we were both surprised that we were able to sleep past 7 a couple of mornings.
Matching PJ's for the win! And the softest PJ's too!!
Our first "class" was in the Marriott Center and it was the campus devotional. I forget how cool it is that BYU all but shuts down every Tuesday morning at 11 for a campus wide devotional. It was so fun to listen to Elder Robins of the 70 talk about forgiveness and "letting go". It was such an awesome way to start the week!
Bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to learn!
We ate creamery ice cream EVERY SINGLE DAY we were in Provo!! Earnestly Chocolate is the BEST!!
The grounds on campus are so well maintained. The flowers are just BEAUTIFUL!!
Waiting at the stadium parking lot for our morning shuttle to take us to campus. The place was hoppin'!
After class stop at Swig. Dirty Dr. Pepper with vanilla cream!! SO Delish!!
My mom felt left out so we went to the mall and got her a pair of jams!!
Whitney and I practiced our yoga.....I was impressed with both of us!! Holding this pose long enough for a clear picture was no easy task!!
There were so so so many great classes to choose from. And so much good information and lots of good quotes. I have lit 50 pictures that look like this. I think this was my favorite quote from the entire week! I love the idea that it's ok to be confident and inspire others to be the same!
Day 3 of ice cream!!
Waiting for our shuttle with the Y in the background.
Thursday night we met up with some of our Salt Lake cousins and my Aunt for dinner. It was so fun to see them and to catch up.
Friday we went to 2 classes (they might have been my favorite classes of the week) and then we got ice cream (duh!) and then we headed up to Salt Lake for a late lunch and then headed to the airport. It was just such a great week!! I'm so glad I got to spend it with my mom and sister and I'm so grateful Tim was able to take the week off of work and watch our kids. The stars lined up for this one, all around!!

No comments:
Post a Comment