Wednesday, August 9, 2017

School

First I must start by sharing this picture of Molly...
She is just a dream! Look how sweet she looks. Don't be fooled though. She is this dreamy half the time and the other half she is a crazy emotional loud stubborn sassy little thing (and I love her for it too). She is into EVERYTHING! Dare I say more so than the boys. I found a container of floss in the toilet (the boys never put anything in the toilet) and she thinks everything she touches is HERS and she screams if you try and take it back....it's a real treat. But look at that face! 

Logan moved home on Sunday and we are all super excited to have him close again. 

My mom hosted the cutest back to school feast and made all the kids crowns and cooked Christmas breakfast for dinner. It was so cute!! And fun!

Tim had to work on Sunday afternoon and evening, which is always a drag. But before he went in to work he gave each of the boys a Father's Blessing and me a blessing. It was so sweet and such a great way to start off the school year.

And then Monday morning we got ready for school. We laid Oliver's clothes out and he woke up and got himself dressed and ready to go. He helped Tim put together some things for a lunch. I thought Tim made him a sandwich and Tim thought I made him a sandwich so for the first day of school Oliver's lunch consisted of cantelope, a Hershey's bar and a capri sun (major palm to the forehead on that one). It didn't seem to bother him.  

I can't believe that Oliver is going to be in first grade. But, you can tell from this picture that he really is maturing in so many ways. Look at hime trying to get everyone situated. He's become so much more responsible and emotionally mature. The other day he was mad at me because I wouldn't let him do something. I strongly :) encouraged him to take a moment in his room and come out when he was ready. And after a few minutes in his room he came out and said he was all better. That he went to he room and "got it all out" and now he's good. I just love him and I really am going to miss him while he's at school. He's so enjoyable!

 

And I think he's just the handsomest!! 

And I kinda want to smother him ;)

Waling to the "big kid" play ground. Last year it was just the Kinders on their own playground and this year it's grades 1-4 which makes for LOTS of kids.

Family first day of school selfie. I LOVE that Peter is mid yawn and that Molly is people watching.

And then it was this kids turn. He insisted on wearing his new dino shirt (I just bought it for the winter), even though it is far too hot. 

Peter wasn't super excited about going to school. He actually told me he didn't want to go. But he didn't really put up a stink. I'm glad he gets to go to school. It's not too much time away from home, but enough for him to have his own little thing and for me to get something done around the house for a minute.

And I love his teachers. They take cute pictures like this and then send it to me. 

Yesterday after school we all went swimming and then watched a show at grandmas. And the kids are pretty excited to have Uncle Lolo home!! And Molly is excited about licorice!

Also for memories sake, I don't have any pictures, but our freezer and fridge went out....booooooooo! It was a gradual thing so all of the popsicles melted and it was just a mess. I finally took everything inside of them to my parents house (thank goodness they live so close and have a second fridge/freezer). And after two days and THREE visits from the repair men it is now up and running. And lets just point out that I appreciate that the fridge breaking is a first world problem, but it is a HUGE pain in the neck to to have a broken fridge!! 

But now it's all fixed and life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment