Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Bucket List

The countdown has begun....and unfortunately we are leaving this beautiful city in less than two months. I can't even believe it. We have spent almost all of our married life here. We have made the best of friends that have been like our family. And our little family has grown so much here. It will be so sad to leave. And we decided since Tim has all of this time off that we should make a San Diego Bucket list filled with all of the things we would like to do and accomplish before we move.

One of the first items on the list was to have a bonfire/BBQ on the beach. We have been talking about doing this since we moved here (3 1/2 years ago) and it just never happened...until yesterday. That's right, it happened yesterday!! And it was just as wonderful as I had imagined. My sweet Tim got to the beach at 8am (we thought this would be ample time to reserve a pit) and all of the pits were taken :( However, he stumbled upon a sweet homeless man who was just packing up his things from the night and told Tim he could have his pit and so began Tim's day at the beach. He sat there ALL DAY LONG! And yesterday was a beautiful day here in San Diego so the beach was super crowded. But he guarded our little pit with pride (and got a pretty nasty sunburn on his feet in the process). But we all benefited from it. 

So, thanks Tim for sacrificing your feet, and thank you homeless man for giving us your pit. We had a smorgasbord! Hot Dogs and S'mores. We were so excited for this event we even invested in some roasting skewers. I feel like I am always wishing I owned some and now I am a very proud owner of 8. It was a hit and the best part was we got to enjoy our beach BBQ/Bonfire with our favorite people here in San Diego. 











4 comments:

  1. That looks like SO much fun. We always talked about doing that but I don't think we ever actually got a pit! Way to go! What else is on the list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, it took some determination (more on Tim's part since he had to sit at the beach all day). I'm glad we did it. Oh, the list is actually kinda funny because a lot of the things are things we really need to do.....find a place to live in Phx, plan trip to Switzerland, make financial goals. We'll see what we get done.

      Delete
  2. Great post! You must keep up with this blogging since u are leaving me in less than 2 months, and I can keep updated on your life and cute Oliver :)

    ReplyDelete