Down by the beach in La Jolla there is a little nook called "Children's Beach". Once designed to be a safe little beach for mothers to watch their children as they play in the water, it has now been taken over by seals. Yep, seals of every shape and kind have flocked to that beach and have claimed it as their own. (And the animal rights activists think that the seals should have whatever they want so they will stop at nothing to make sure that you don't disturb the seals in their "natural habitat"). One beautiful sunny afternoon Tim and I decided it was time to introduce Oliver to the seals so to the beach we went, and then this happened............
You may be asking yourselves "why is that lady holding Oliver??" And I think it's a pretty fair question to be asking. I actually asked it myself when I turned around and saw that Tim had surrendered our sweet little boy to this stranger (who did not speak English). Apparently she somehow motioned to Tim that she wanted her husband to take a picture of her holding Oliver and so Tim went ahead and obliged. I decided to block the exit so she couldn't run off with my baby and snap a picture myself. And then she gave Oliver back to Tim and now with have this entertaining picture to laugh over forever. I love it!!
We also got some other great shots that day. Like I said it was beautiful
Tim put his hands in his pockets and he just left them there
The seal decided to smile for the camera
This is one of my favorites. I think because it has my two favorite people and They're both looking so sweet
On a different day at a park that is close to the same Children's beach. Tim and O and I picked up a delicious pizza and decided to go for a little picnic. We sat down on a nice big blanket in the grass and I was oh so excited to start munching on that pizza. I took out a piece and took a nice big bite. Then, being the kind hearted mother that I am, I pulled a little piece of the crust off to give to Oliver. And that is where I went wrong. I was so focused on getting the little crumb into O's mouth that I neglected to sea the huge flying rat of a seagull that was coming right for me. And then........it had the nerve to flap is wings by my head and start pecking at my pizza which I promptly threw as far away from me and my baby as I could. And then I was mad. We did not have a nice peaceful picnic. We ate in fear. Tim first and then me and then Tim. We took turns standing guard so the other person could eat a piece. And now I officially strongly dislike seagulls and I feel that Finding Nemo did a pretty good job depicting their obnoxious tendencies.
Oh how I love the sea!!! Despite the food snatching seagulls and the random baby holding ladies. I love the noises, the sand, the waves, the creatures. It's so peaceful and beautiful and I can't believe that I have been so blessed to live so close to it.
Oliver is such a sweet boy! I am looking at these pictures with my mom and she thinks he's darling, too.
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet, thank you both so much
DeleteSydnie this whole post cracks me up! And who wouldn't want to randomly take a picture with Oliver? He is too cute!
ReplyDeleteHa! Thanks Erin, I'm glad that I can amuse someone other than myself :)
Delete