Monday, April 16, 2012

I Love NYC!!

My sister Whitney and I got to take a sisters trip to New York City last week and it was a trip that will never be forgotten. We had a blast!! We left our children with our husbands (thanks guys!) and met up in Chicago on our way to the Big Apple. Both my dad and brother-in-law Chris travel like crazy so we were hooked up with free flights and a free stay at the Waldorf Astoria (two blocks away from 5th Ave. and walking distance from almost everything else we were interested in doing). We ate at delicious restaurants, went shopping, saw so many historical sights, caught a Broadway show, and even sighted a couple of celebrities (SNL cast member Bobby Moynihan and Nathan Lee Graham from Sweet Home Alabama).

Whitney's really good college friend Jeff and his wife Katie live in Queens so they met up with us and showed us around town. I would say that while the entire trip was one big highlight my favorites were seeing Newsies and walking (and row-boating) in central park. Newsies was absolutely fantastic!!! What girl wouldn't enjoy watching a group of handsome guys singing and dancing?!?!? It really was a great show and held pretty true to my beloved childhood Newsies (Oh Christian Bale). I actually am still on the high from the energy from it. AMAZING! And central park was a breath of fresh air. It's so cool that such a busy city with wall to wall buildings has such a large and beautiful park. We rented a little row-boat and rowed around a little lake. It was so fun.

Well its back to reality (which right now for me means hanging out with my husband and baby all day every day in San Diego)....I already miss New York and I'm not only already planning my next trip back (this time with Tim), but I am trying to convince Tim that if he does a fellowship after residency then New York is the place to go :) While planning our trip a friend recommended a blog, Nat the Fat Rat, and I am now obsessed with the idea of being a stay at home mom in New York. She makes it look like a pretty good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment