Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Not Your Typical Trip to Vegas

Tim's family just happens to be from Vegas. So, whenever we tell people that we are going to Vegas for the weekend we get that look. You know the one......the "oh you go get 'em" look. Which is so funny to me because not only do we not gamble or drink, but we rarely even make it down to the strip which is like 5 minutes away from my in-laws. I love it! When I first met Tim and found out he was from Vegas I first thought "who actually lives in Vegas??" Now I realize a lot of people do, and it's not just about the Casinos :)

So last weekend we drove to Vegas to spend time with Tim's family and to celebrate. His dad just finished his tenure as a church leader. He had been serving in the position for almost 10 years as an unpaid leader. What an accomplishment!! We are so proud of him and grateful for his wonderful example.

Oliver had a grand time too. All those "big kids" just doted over him and when we got back Tim and I both concluded that he seemed a little more grown up to us. I think they must have rubbed off on him. And of course we were spoiled with lots of meals out with Tim's parents (they always pay, thanks Frank and Maxine) and we were even treated to a date. We slipped out one evening for a delicious CPK dinner and a movie....yes the Hunger Games is even more disturbing on the big screen than it is in the book.

What a great trip! And we are so glad we got it in because we are nervous that our extended family time will be limited once residency starts.

 Unfortunately he was not this happy during the entire car ride

 Both Mine and Oliver's First Buffet

I sense a future nerd in our presence 

Oliver and Grandpa 

Oliver's new Bestie, Ruby. And she is too cute! 

 Just playing with the big kids

 Ready to go out on the town

 In and Out with Grandma

 Family Dinner on Sunday


1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun. But no where near the fun you are about to have in Switzerland!!!!

    ReplyDelete