Last week was one of Tim's vacation weeks (we only have one more left until he's a second year). We decided to do some things around the house and take it easy during the first half of the week and then on Thursday we left for San Diego. We stayed in a hotel 5 minutes away from our old apartment and all of our friends. It was so good to see all of them again and to go to the beach. I forget just how great both of those things are (I cried like a big baby when we got back because I miss them both so much). So here are A LOT of pictures..........
Our first stop was the Montgomery's where we were reunited with Krystle and Pierce. Kate and her girls also stopped by. Oliver enjoyed exploring Pierces toys.
Thursday night we had dinner with our good friend Noel who is doing her residency in internal Medicine in San Diego. It was so fun to hang out with her.
It was supposed to rain all day Friday, but the clouds parted around 8 A.M. I was able to get this shot of the beautiful San Diego temple at a pit stop on our way to hike Torrey Pines.
Torrey Pines is probably my overall favorite hike. It's plenty long and depending on the trail you can get a pretty good incline/decline. You can walk down to the ocean and the views are pretty spectacular all around. We hiked Torrey Pines on many occasions; to celebrate the completion of step 1, to "fill our time" while waiting for baby Oliver to join the family, and for a while Krystle and I had a weekly walk/jog there.
I love my boys
Oliver was pretty happy that we let him out of the pack for a minute to run around.
It's hard to believe that on our walk back to the car it started raining on us.
Oliver informed us a few times on the trip that he wanted to use the potty....who is this kid? They were all unsuccessful but he did strain when we put him up on the toilet. The funniest was when we let him off the toilet and he walked in the other room and peed all over the carpet like a little puppy dog, gross!
I was feeling pretty pooped so Tim took Oliver to Mc Donalds down the street from our hotel room for his first Happy Meal while I took a nap, this was a vacation afterall.
Oliver was in Heaven!!
We met this sweet boy (Pierce) at the park
His sweet mamma was there too!
Oliver loved the Nobel Park and thought this little tunnel was pretty fantastic!
Friday night was girls night and it was so GREAT!!! We did "favorite things" junk food and I came home with some delicious treats. I miss these girls so much it kind of hurts.
The hubbies watched the kids while the girls went out and I think Tim was dubbed "baby whisperer" (look at how great London's hair is!!!)
Saturday morning I had breakfast with my co-workers and Tim took Oliver to visit the seals at Children's Beach. Ollie was much more interested in the beach than the seals.
He also liked weaving through the tree branches.
And climbing up the rocks
This is Oliver's "tree hugging" face
Saturday afternoon we went to our favorite beach, La Jolla Shores.
Oliver sported his new shades for a brief period of time.
He was in Heaven!! I had a smidgen feeling of guilt. Did we actually move him away from this? He seriously LOVED everything about the beach.
We took him to the tide pools
Where we said hello to the star fish. He was ok touching those, but the urchins kinds freaked him out. I think because they kinda latch onto your fingers.
I'm pretty sure we have a very similar picture from 10 months ago and Oliver is half this size. Where does the time go?
I kinda love Scripps Pier
We randomly ran into Kate at the beach and mooched some buckets and shovels from her so Oliver could do a little sand damage. He had a pretty good time (the glasses were only left on long enough for a picture).
Saturday evening we met our friends for a little Phil's BBQ and went to Pete and Rachel's very cute gender reveal party, they're having a girl (see the pink confetti all over the floor). It was fun that we could be there for the celebration. And that I got to squish both of these girls one last time.
Sunday morning Krystle made us some delicious homemade waffles with homemade syrup. It was so yummy and so nice to have a good breakfast before driving 6 hours. And of course we were so happy to see these faces once more before we left. I can't even believe that Tim and I had been married a little over a year and these guys a month when we met. Time flies!
I'm considering this for next years Christmas card. No make-up for me or Krystle. Our hairs is not done. Brett just came back from church meetings and yet it's perfect :)
It may not look like it now, but these two are destined to be best friends!!
Oliver injured his hand Sunday morning and was being very careful with it. See how he's resting it? This kid cracks me up!! His personality gets stronger by the day.
Goodbye San Diego!! Thank you for the wonderful weekend. I'm sure we'll see you soon. I'm not going to lie, coming home to our own new little place made me pretty happy.


























Oh man. This post makes me "homesick". I'm so glad you guys got to go. I only wish we could have met you there!
ReplyDelete