Putting our living/family room together has been a process. Starting with the fact that we don't have a TV. We decided to give our huge heavy TV away when we left San Diego. I think in hopes that we would save so much money at my parents house that we'd be able to buy a new one. Well, when we started arranging furniture, there was no productive place for a TV to go.....so it's a good thing I've got a big desk-top computer.
PS The lighting is pretty bad in these pictures. Please forgive me!
The ceiling is vaulted which really opens the room up and makes it feel nice and big. I originally thought I'd find a really cool decorative rug, but when all was said and done I was really longing for nice plush carpet to play on with Oliver. We went to a carpet warehouse and had them cut a large piece for us and bought a nice soft pad to go underneath. It makes me so happy. It turns out, I'm a girl who likes soft carpet. Who knew?
I think it's safe to say I spent the longest time on my desk arrangement. I wanted to do something kind of different and I was excited to incorporate different art that I liked. The Les Mis poster was give to me by my grandparents when I was little because they were so convinced I looked like the poster girl. And the little pink print was a drawing my grandma Gail did of me during church one Sunday when I was 5 or 6 (before she got sick). She was a pretty amazing artist.
I found this fun bike plate at the Union. I'm still obsessed with that place and drug Tim and Oliver over there the other day to experience the amazing Whoopie Pies they sale.
I had to display my amazing Valentines day gift and my little nesting dolls that I picked up on our trip up the coast of CA in a cute little Danish town called Solvang. And of course, my house if overflowing with clocks.
I didn't take myself for one to jump on the "keep calm and carry on" bandwagon. It's kinda over done. But I couldn't resist this metal mug and well, as a mom sometimes this phrase is just necessary.
When we were arranging furniture this little corner stressed me out. What would we put there? It would look so weird empty. And then it came to me, Oliver's corner. Play mat, toy boys, done!
Ahhhhh home sweet home!
Diagonal from the couch is this wall where we placed my treasured yellow bookcase. This was the first piece of furniture we bought when we got married. I was obsessed. Oliver does pretty good to leave it alone with the exception of the little green bird, the nest and candle at the bottom, and sometimes when Tim's at work he picks up the bottom pic of Tim and I and shouts "Da Da!!!"
It's all really come together and I am so happy! Honestly I am SOOOOOOO happy! Besides loving my new place Tim has this entire week off. It's kinda the best EVER!



How exciting! I love seeing how your new nest is coming along! What a fun and beautiful house. Glad you guys are doing well and making it your own.
ReplyDeleteI love your house. You have done a wonderful job decorating. We all have a little bit of Grandma in us. Oliver is the cutest. Keep posting.
ReplyDelete