Monday, March 25, 2013

Weekend update and la la la's

Tim is rotating on trauma right now. He gets to see lots of crazy stuff (dug a bullet out of some guys back last week). As a result, he has to work 19 days in a row! That little streak ends this Friday, woo hoo!!! And he'll get both Saturday and Sunday off. Needless to say, I am already looking forward to this weekend. The worst part is that for the past two weekends he's had to work nights. But, the plus side to that is that Oliver and I have done sleep overs at my parents house both Friday nights. We kinda like sleeping at my parents. Oliver loves waking up to grandpa and his smoothies and I like not being all alone. It's a win win. 

This past weekend was pretty fun. Logan was home for spring break and Tim spoiled me :) Friday morning Tim let me sleep in (since he didn't have to go in until Friday night). We took Oliver to the park to feed the ducks and then Friday afternoon I went shopping with Logan while Tim studied (and was supposed to be sleeping). I found some beautiful new Sperry's at the Rak which I am pretty excited about. And Friday night Cody and Claire joined us to watched Les Mis after the kids went to sleep. That is such a great movie. 




Saturday morning Oliver hung out in bed with me for a minute and then explored grandma's house. My dad came over and helped me pick ALL of the oranges from our tree. We went on a bike ride with Tim in the afternoon and then to Jordans where Oliver pounded an entire children's plate with the exception of a few bites of rice. I am not even kidding you with that.





Sunday we celebrated Logan's Birthday. I sometimes feel bad for people who don't have a Logan in their lives. He's pretty great! The kids had fun playing with him while he was home. After dinner we squoze ALL the oranges and sent everyone home with fresh squeezed OJ. 



Last night after Oliver went to bed, Tim and I laid on the carpet in the family room and talked. It was amazing. Sometime life gets so crazy and Tim's schedule is so busy, that we don't take the time to just talk and catch up. It was the perfect way to end the weekend, just clearing my head of everything to the person who understands the most. I feel so blessed.


La la la's.......so apparently when my dad was a child his mom used to "la la" to him. My dad has decided to teach Oliver to la la. I'm guessing it's not the same way that my grandmother used to do it, but it makes me laugh so hard. So instead of me La la-ing to Oliver, he la la's to me and it makes me so happy. Please note how focused he is. The head shakes and wide open mouth. It's Amazing!!!


1 comment: