Ooooohhhh, Ahhhhhhh
I really want to get some more exciting lamps for the nightstands. Maybe something with a Mustard color?!?! And I need to replace a couple of the pillows with something that has a red or rust in it to pull the quilt in a little better.
We found this black dresser at a consignment store in San Diego and replaced all of the black knobs with knobs we collected form anthropologie, world market, and I even found one at the dollar bin at Michaels believe it or not.
I purchased those beautiful books from Costco over the summer. Look at those colors? Do you blame me for "needing" them?
This is the start of our photo wall. We are only going to display photos that we've taken (with the exception of the two pics that Logan took in Oak Creek that are AMAZING!). This is just the beginning. We still have more photos to print off and I'm debating whether or not to do a second string of pics, what do you think?
How lonely does this wall look? Wouldn't a chair look perfect in that corner with that cute little black table by it? I'm kinda obsessed with this one. The problem is, that when we have baby #2 (this is not an announcement) Tim's desk will "get" to grace this wall with its presence and then maybe a chair wouldn't fit. These are the details that consume my thoughts :)
The amazing starburst mirror we found at Target. I think it's a smidge too small for the wall, but I'm going with it.
To the right of the starburst mirror is the closet. Do you see how huge it is?!?! In our five years of marriage we have never been able to both have both our winter and summer clothes in one closet. It's like a miracle! And the shelving above, delightful!
To the left of the starburst is the bathroom. Everything about it is old. But, it works :) The counter space is plentiful and so is the mirror. (Note the sweet little message I left for Tim wishing him good luck on Wednesdays test. I can be sweet sometimes.)
Only a standing shower.....still trying to figure out how to shave my legs with no where to set my foot and without rinsing off the shaving cream before I have time to shave.....it's very complicated.
What we brought with us from San Diego (we found everything but the starfish). I sure do miss the thrill of finding a sand-dollar in the sand!
And of course the entrance to the patio. I'm kinda wishing that whole patch was grass and not rock. It would be a little more inviting. Ironically enough, I've never really like gravel. Maybe it's because my grandpa Frank used to make us pull weeds out of his gravel and rake it to make it look pretty :)
This is the quilt I very randomly bought before we left San Diego. I'm glad I grabbed it. I'm loving the colors.
Let me tell you the BEST part about the bedroom. I had forgotten how ridiculously comfortable our bed was. A few nights after we started sleeping at out our new house Tim worked over night and I slept at my parents house and I realized just how comfortable our bed was compared to what we'd been sleeping on. It's kinda like sleeping on clouds (before you realized that clouds are actually not solid).





It looks so great, Syd! Ok, I love that Elton Chair. And it's on sale! What are you waiting for? ;) haha
ReplyDelete