Friday, October 11, 2013

37 Weeks and dilated

Well folks, I've officially made it to "full term" and I am dilated to a 3. Good thing, because I've had all sorts of discomforts going down and I'm glad somethings been happening as a result! So, now it's just a waiting game. When will this little guy decide to show up??? The good news is that I'm pretty much ready. Not emotionally (can you ever be emotionally prepared for something like this??) or mentally, but physically things are pretty much in order....with the exception of diapers. I haven't gotten diapers for the little guy yet.....I should probably do that.

Things have been good the last few days and I'm happy to report that the baby's room is pretty much ready to roll and my house is officially decorated for "fall" (or in Phoenix we call it below 95).

I'm hosting play school this month (I'm sure all the other moms are hoping I don't go early so I can continue to host through the entire month) and we made these cute ghosts last week.

This is the baby's new "crib". It was my favorite alternative to buying a whole other crib. It'll be nice to have something so small for our room the first few weeks and then he can sleep in it in his room until I get up the nerve to put Oliver in a big boy bed. I am not really looking forward to that day to be honest with you. He does so well caged in ;)

My mom and I took Oliver and Max to the train park this week (Claire and Cody were out of town and my mom was watching Max)

They are such cute boys!

And my mom is the cutest and nicest grandma. Living close to her was a really good decision!

My sweet sister-in-law sent me out for a pre-baby pedicure. I'm not gonna lie, it felt SO good!!! (My legs look pretty ridiculous from this angle...)

I slept at my sisters house last night (Tim was working and her hubbie was out of town, it was perfect) and "the naughties" (that is their new names once the new baby's join the family) got into some powdered sugar in the pantry.

They had just taken a bath like 5 minutes prior to this......oh boy!! What am I going to do with TWO BOYS?!?!?!

I was pretty pleased with my free printable and dollar store acquired Halloween decor.

And I am kind of obsessed with our Halloween tree.

I found this little book "Ollie's Halloween" and how could I not buy that? I thought Oliver might think that was pretty special.

This week at play school we made the TP mummies :) I can't wait 'till Oliver can do the crafts himself ;)

And of course the wreath on the front door. First off I must say, wreaths are ridiculously expensive. I really don't get it. I was looking at Hobby Lobby and they sells wreaths that are over $100!!!!! I went ahead and stuck with the cheapest (but still cute) wreath I could find at Target. The porch did have some cute little pumpkins on it but that West sun just rotted the heck out of the large one in a matter of days so I salvaged the baby's and used them inside. 

And last but not least, this is Oliver's "jack o lantern pumpkin" He loves to plug it in!

The Wall art for the nursery is finally up. The blank frame on the left is just waiting for a name.....and I think we've finally settled on one.


And last but not least, the shelf. Just needing to find a cute little bookends with some books to accompany the art up there. 

Tomorrow is Tim's 30th Birthday and I have plans to celebrate him ALL DAY LONG!!! I can't believe I'm going to be married to a 30 year old. That's kinda weird! Maybe this little baby will want to celebrate with us?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment