Sunday, October 6, 2013

A trip to the cabin, and the rug came, and I'm dilated!!!!

Oliver and I got to escape up to the cabin on Tuesday with my mom. It was FANTASTIC!! I was so glad I was able to slip in one last trip up there after the weather had cooled off and before the baby came. Tim joined us on Wednesday night and we came home Thursday evening. It was so beautiful up there. The leaves are barely starting to change, but there is a crispness in there air that only comes with Fall. (We did not get a lot of pictures, I was in an "enjoy the moment" and not a "capture it on camera" kind of mood)

Oliver "helped" pick fresh apples for an delish apple pie my mom made.
The apple pie before the topping. See me right there? That is another reason why we didn't take lots of pictures. Not feeling too cute at this stage of pregnancy.

My mom also made an amazing peach cobbler. I was sure to eat 1/4 of it before we left.

Oliver and I spent lots of time throwing rocks in the creek.

He also "hid" from us and "scared" us. It was pretty cute. This old driveway has been around forever and we always called it the witches house when I was a kid because it was green and kind of run down.

The weather was cool enough that we got to have a fire and Oliver got to wear his old man jammies. It was very picturesque. 


When we got home the rug that I ordered for the baby's room (a million weeks ago, it was on back order) was waiting for me!!! I'm pretty excited about it! Now if I can just get some pictures on the wall (that's on this weeks agenda).



Before we went to the cabin on Tuesday we had a doctors appointment and my doc "checked" me. Turns out I'm dilated to a 1or 2. Now I realize that many people stay at a 1 or a 2 for the last four weeks of their pregnancy, but I was just excited to know that things were already starting to happen. I'm getting so excited for this little baby to come. It's kinda weird to think that he can come whenever he wants! Nothing like being reminded how much control you don't have.

1 comment:

  1. Love everything about this post! How fun did the cabin look for a little fall trip! And that rug....LOVE the colors! I feel like it totally pulls the whole room together. So fun! I'm excited for baby #2's big debut! You guys are going to have such a legit family...4, kind of a big deal! ;)

    ReplyDelete