Monday, October 14, 2013

Celebrating 30 years!

30 years is kind of a long time....right? Well, on Saturday Tim turned 30 years old!!! I still can't even believe it. Planning anything for Tim is pretty difficult. He's super low maintenance and doesn't really want a lot. I stewed over his Birthday for weeks (not including the months of throwing out suggestions like you can go see your brothers, they can come see you, we can go away for the weekend....the list goes on). We ended up having a really fun Saturday that was enough out of the ordinary to feel special but comfortable enough to not be stressful.

Tim had to work Friday night so he slept in 'till 10am on Saturday. I took him to Chik fil a for Breakfast (only the best for my man ;)......we actually had free breakfast coupons. Kind of a funny way to start the celebration of such a big day. After that Tim got all cleaned up and we headed to the light rail station where we took the "train" (for Oliver's sake) down town.

Waiting for the train

Riding the train

Oliver LOVED it!

We walked around Heritage Square and Oliver and Tim got to launch of water bottle rockets and make adobe bricks. Downtown Phoenix is actually a fun place. I think I would have enjoyed it even more if I felt like my legs were securely being held in place by my hips, which they don't. It was a fun little outing.
Launching water bottle rockets. Tim was pretty excited about this. I'm sure I'll come home one day to find him and Oliver (and probably the baby, Tim likes to start teaching 'em young) doing this in our front courtyard.

We came home and Oliver and I took naps while Tim looked for a road bike on Craigslist. That is his big present. A road bike.

Tim also got legos for his Birthday. That's what Oliver picked out for him. And honestly, I don't know who was more excited about them, Tim or Oliver. Tim has been wanting to build legos with Oliver since he found out Oliver was going to be a boy.

Saturday night we left Oliver with a babysitter and met up with Whit and Chris, Logan, and my parents (Cody and Claire couldn't make it) at the Food Truck Caravan in Old Town Scottsdale. We each picked a food truck and sat a picnic tables and ate up while we listened to live music. It was actually really fun and I would highly recommend it. Then we walked to the Gilato Spot (delish) and got us a little dessert. And then we sat around some random tables laughing and being loud and somewhat obnoxious like teenagers. It was SO FUN!!! I only feel bad that I made Tim hang out with my family on his Birthday. That's what he gets for not having an opinion ;)

Not to brag, but I am related to some pretty attractive people. I mean, look at ALL of them!

Not loving pics of myself at this stage in the pregnancy (especially when it's not totally obvious that I'm 9 months pregnant), but we needed to have proof that I attended this special event.

Scottsdale is kind of great. It's clean and there are twinkle lights and well, I just like walking around there.

Sunday Tim had to go to work, but that evening my mom made him a delicious Birthday dinner at her house and we got to sing to him and celebrate one last time.

Yep, I  made Tim wear that hat. He's such a good sport!!

Family shot. I think we all look a little tired. We partied hard!!

I did want to do a little something that set this Birthday aside from the others, so I decorated our house a little. I printed 150 photos of Tim from ages 0-30. It was AMAZING to really take a good look at all of the things he has done and accomplished in his life. I am in awe of him. He really is an impressive guy and I am more than flattered that he chose me to be his wife. He is an exceptional father, and amazing husband and an extremely dedicated and caring physician. I love him so much and I'm grateful every day that I married such a wonderful man.

Where would I be without pinterest? Not doing things like this, that's for sure. I am definitely an executer and not a creator so I just want to publicly thank pinterest for allowing me the opportunity to at least look crafty :)

I love you Tim Davie! Happy Birthday!!! And I've said it before and I'll say it again, your 30's are going to be awesome!!








No comments:

Post a Comment