The last two weeks have been a bit of a blur. They've actually gone by pretty fast. Unfortunately Tim has been pretty hit and miss with being home which has made me tell him multiple times that with our next baby he is going to take a legit paternity leave. Fortunately we made it to this week which is one of his vacation weeks for the year (happy dance). I went and got my hair done yesterday and left him alone with both children for three hours. Not only was he extremely happy to see me, but he gave me a little validation about how challenging the transition to two is. Especially with sweet yet terrible Oliver. I still haven't decided if it's the baby or the terrible twos that have him so ornery. Maybe both? Today is the first day in two weeks that he's been somewhat agreeable. I am really hoping that my sweet little boy returns. We are best buds and I hate to not like him but sometimes he makes it just too hard to want to be around him.
Peter is so sweet. I am enjoying his little new-borness so much. He is such a little cuddle bug and loves more than anything to just be held. He is growing like crazy! He was 7.4lbs when he was born which dropped to 6.9lbs when we left the hospital and when we went to the doctors today he was up to 7.13lbs. Looks like I may have a little porker on my hands!! Now if I could just get him to sleep a little longer at night. I guess that is a time thing.
My body is finally starting to feel normal. Isn't the human body amazing?!?!? To think that two weeks ago I was big bellied with a baby and just yesterday I was able to see my legs while shaving them. Not to mention the joys of sleeping on my back! I love sleeping on my back and I really missed that. Aside from the fact that I feel a little bit like Dolly Parton, things seem to be on the mend. The thought of hiking and running again gets me absolutely giddy.
I officially have a new appreciation for TWO!!!
Oliver really likes to help wash bottles
Little snuggle buddies
Tim took this picture and said "Peter, Peter pumpkin eater" He'll be getting that his whole life I guess.
Is he not the sweetest?
Post snippy snip....sad guy
Sock hands!
Love these TWO!!!!







You are SO amazing! I don't know how you do it solo, super mom! And both your boys are delicious!
ReplyDeleteOh it makes me tired just thinking about all that comes with a newborn But you seem to be handling it so well. And you look awesome! Keep it up!! Those boys are so darling.
ReplyDeleteYou are doing great! And you certainly don't look like Dolly Parton (although I know exactly how you feel). In fact when you bore your testimony yesterday I was thinking how amazing you look!
ReplyDelete