New Years happens to be one of my favorite holidays. I LOVE setting new goals. I have ever since I learned what goal setting was. There is something so gratifying about wanting to accomplish something and then seeing the end result. And there is also something very fulfilling of having a worthy goal to work towards. My only hang up about New Years is that it falls during winter break for the kids. You stay up late to celebrate. There tends to be lots of delicious unhealthy foods helping with the celebration and all the night before I have committed to eat healthy, wake up early, get 8 hours of sleep and exercise regularly. The timing is never quite right. This year I decided to put less emphasis on the timing of things (as in midnight is not the gun firing on the race to complete my goals), especially with everyone being sick and all. I am excited about my goals for this year. I think it will be a good fun year.
I also decided that I want to have a word/phrase for the year to really focus on. It had a really hard time narrowing down my options, but I chose Carpe Diem (seize the day). And in my case I want to not just seize the day, but seize the moment. I find myself looking forward to Tim's next day off (like for instance he just worked the last 7 days and today was his day off that I was looking forward to and then he got called in because someone got sick and now he doesn't have another day off 'till Thursday, so now I'm looking forward to Thursday) when really I should be noticing all the little fun things that are happening every day. It's so easy for me to focus on how difficult Oliver is being or feisty Peter is, but I want to enjoy all the happy moments more and pay attention to them and let those moments stand out to me. I want to be present. Every day. I've already been working on it and well, I'm already starting to notice a difference.
Other goals I am wanting to accomplish this year:
- Make a Shutterfly Book of High School
- Learn 3 songs on the Ukulele
- Bust out my SLR once a month and take some pictures
- Run a half marathon
- And the list of important littles that I need to work on that make my resolution list every year like reading my scriptures, flossing (I hate flossing), eat healthy (I'm going to REALLY try this year)
2015 is going to be a big year for me! We have some really exciting things coming and I want to be totally present for every moment. Tim and I are headed to South Africa in a couple of months to visit his parents who are serving an LDS mission. That trip in and of itself is totally surreal. Tim graduates from residency.....blow my mind. I turn 30 in August.....there is no way I am almost 30....I still feel like an 18 year old. And all of the day to day adventures that are going to come our way. I am so excited for this year!!! Carpe Diem!!
We had family pictures taken at the beginning of December. I am pretty happy with them. And I hate to brag, but I have the cutest little boys!!! I kind of want to eat them up!












You should brag--they are the cutest boys! The pictures turned out amazing. I didn't know you were going to South Africa! That is so cool! Let's do something amazing for your birthday, okay?
ReplyDelete