Thursday, January 29, 2015

A Happy Wedding Day!!

On Saturday Tim and I got to attend the wedding of one of my sweetest friends ever! No really, she is one of the happiest nicest people I have EVER met! I love her so much. Mel and I met 10 1/2 years ago in Hawaii of all places (even though she's from Gilbert). She (along with my sister in law) was my next door neighbor and we became instant friends. We had so much fun that summer in Hawaii and even though our lives have moved us to different states we have managed to stay in touch which I am so grateful for.

She was the happiest most laid back bride I have ever seen. The day was all about her getting to spend the rest of her life with her new husband. Nothing seemed to bother her or stress her out. She was just calm and happy. Which made me so happy!! It was such a good day!

June 2004 right by the Laie LDS temple in Hawaii. Mel, Claire, Rachel and me.

Kayaking in our back yard....no joke, our house was on the ocean. That summer was such a dream!

Three of Mel's friends from high school; Melissa, Mindy, Claire, and then there's me.

The beautiful bride!

The wedding party. Mel has three sisters and two sister in laws and Jake has a WHOLE lot of friends!

Mel asked all the bridesmaids to wear black. How genius is that?

Mindy and I were the only non-family bridesmaids. It was fun to have a friend at the reception since both of our husbands couldn't be there.

Mel had a beautiful backyard reception. It was decorated so beautifully and it was just perfect!

Oh and lets talk about how Saturday morning I ran 12 miles with my dad (I thought I was running 10) and I totally ate it at mile 6! Honestly, it stung SOOOOOOO bad!! I was totally fine running home because my knees didn't bother me that much. It's the dumb palm wound that's killing me. Seriously though, when was the last time you totally scrapped up your palm? It's amazing how uncomfortable it is and how my 3 and 1 year old don't seem to really care. Actually that's not true. The scab on my hand is really freaking Oliver out, but Peter still manages to kick it every time I change his diaper! Luckily my black dress covered my knees :)



No comments:

Post a Comment