Tuesday, between morning preschool and an afternoon playdate, the boys and I had a good three and a half hours of unplanned time at home and it was just my favorite. Those two made me laugh!! I had so much fun playing with them and watching them and just sitting by them even if we weren't interacting. It was just such a good time. In those three hours I really felt the joy of being a mother and I'll be the first to admit that I sometimes have a difficult time spotting and feeling those moments. I just felt so grateful for my boys and their own little personalities that shine so bright and even more grateful that I get to spend EVERY DAY with them (even if it gets a little redundant and exhausting), it is such a gift to get to be with them. It's fun to get to be a part of the magic and even more fun to recognize it. Carpe Diem!
We started lunch by making faces
Peter joined in the fun too!!
The faces were so good that we started texting them to Tim at work
And Tim would text us funny pictures back and Oliver would crack up!!
So then Oliver started getting sillier
And so did Peter
And Oliver got REAL creative
And Crazy
And I helped Peter be crazy
I found Peter in the tent and "caught" him red handed putting a toy in his mouth. Doesn't he just look guilty??
Peter got ahold of this hat and insisted on wearing it so that it covered his eyes.
And then he put my shoe on and walked around like this. I was dying of laughter. Peter's going though a shoe fetish right now. It's hilarious!
Then we moved on to Oliver's room where we played on the bed.
Oliver's bed is Peter's favorite!!
He was in heaven!
The next morning at breakfast Oliver laid across the stool like this and said, "look mom, I'm a scorpion." I love his imagination!
And lastly Oliver's interpretation of Lord Business from The Lego Movie.
Being a mom may be one of the hardest jobs, but it is by far the best!














No comments:
Post a Comment