Monday, July 20, 2015

A cousin celebration!

Tim and I decided that we aren't going to do a big Birthday party for our boys every year. So this year (the off year) we decided to let Oliver had a little sleepover with his two cousins Max and Rhett (the three of them are 4 months apart). They had so much fun together. It's actually really nice to let just the three of them have time to play without older siblings bossing them around.

The first thing they did when they got to our house was get inside the tent and take this picture. They are so funny and so different.

Then we took to the pool at my moms house.

The three boys have all gotten really good at swimming independently this summer. And even though it's not always a good things it's kind of fun to watch them do what the others are doing in the water. I think they really build confidence that way. 


We had a lot of fun with the slo-mo feature on my phone. Max was my favorite. 

Rhett

Oliver

We tried to get them to all jump at the same time multiple times. This was our best one.

We took them to the habit for dinner and got them each shakes. Although they were pretty happy to be drinking Tim's strawberry limeade. 


For party favors each of the boys got a Mixel (a little lego set) to build. They had a blast building. 


Max got Oliver three Mixels for his Birthday so after each boy finished their own, the worked together to build the other two.


The boys with their Mixels.

We made a time lapse video of their building. As you can tell Max and Oliver were the master minds and had to come and get me to intervene a couple of times and there was a potty break in there somewhere. Rhett was getting bored and showing off the finished mixels. For some reason this little video makes me happy.

We woke up on Saturday morning and took the boys to go see Inside Out. It was such a cute movie and had me in tears on more than one occasion. I'm not quite sure the boys appreciated it from a true meaning stand-point, but I think they were entertained by it. 

Over all I think it was a very successful Birthday celebration. I can't believe this time next year I'll have a five year old on my hand!!

3 comments: