Friday, July 17, 2015

Oliver Turns 4

It actually seems pretty weird to me that Oliver is 4. Being a mother does a very weird thing with time and emotions. I feel like Oliver has been around forever. Like he's been out of the toddler stage forever and then I look at pictures and everything has happened so fast. It hasn't been forever. It's been a day. Maybe two. How has all of this happened in a year? How does he look so much older and so much less like a toddler? With each passing year there is one thing that I learn and that is to try and cherish the moments. This sweet little boy is going to be in school before I know it and after that time's going to really start zooming.

Here are a few things about Oliver?
He is smart smart smart. He retains randoms bits of information from everywhere he goes. Shows he watches, books that are read to him, experiences he has, or things he observes. He really is a little sponge that will squeeze out information at any given moment. He amazes me all the time. 
He thinks he knows Spanish by just pronouncing English words wrong. 
He is happy to stay at home and play and also happy to go out and do things. 
His cousins are his favorite friends. In fact he refers to Max and Rhett as his friends as often as her refers to them as his cousins. 
He really likes legos, especially sorting them. 
He gets extra sweet and cuddly and needy when he's tired. 
He is getting good at swimming independently. 
He is super friendly and likes to make new friends. 
He is opinionated. 
He's showing signs of a perfectionist (this one makes me super nervous). 
He doesn't like any food gummy (fruit snacks, gummy bears or worms) or sour candy. 
He likes sweets but doesn't need to eat all of the cookie let alone have three (that does not come from me). 
He loves carrots, apples, chocolate milk and lucky charms (mostly the marshmallows). 
He's a debater and a "but mom" kind of boy. 
He throws some pretty legit tantrums but mostly when he's beyond exhausted. 
He blesses my like more than I could have ever imagined. 
I love him more today than I ever thought I could love someone. 
He makes me want to be a better mom. 
He has one of the most beautiful faces I have ever seen. 
He is so fun and so funny!

August, pirate costume from grandma and grandpa Davie in Africa.


September, Home Depot with Tim

October, pumpkin for Halloween

November, bike ride around the neighborhood.

December, the best hat ever made at preschool.

January, getting all dressed up for bedtime.

February, hanging at the park.

March, flying with mom.

April, outside adventures on the patio.

May, Hawaii day at preschool.

June, happy day face!

July, Happy Birthday Donut!

Happy Birthday to my first born. The sweet boy that made me a mom, I love you Oliver!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute. I may have to copy that month by month idea. I love Oliver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I may have to copy that month by month idea. I love Oliver!

    ReplyDelete