It means getting to snuggle with the sweetest little baby girl. Going into her room in the morning when she's first waking up and seeing her face light up when she sees me. It is the best.
Being a mom right now means getting to play paw patrol memory with Peter (he cheats a little) and Go Fish with Oliver (he hates to loose).
It means hating to make dinner because no one really likes to eat whatever I make and food is usually an argument and Tim's not home half the time.
Being a mom right now means having to be flexible with Tims crazy schedule. He's home for dinner every night one week, then not a single night the next, then every other night the next.
It means going to story time and Chick Fil 'A with Whitney, Rhett and Piper on Tuesdays.
Being a mom right now means getting spit upon ALL DAY LONG (I'm not exaggerating, Molly is a leaking facet). It also means washing at least one blow out a day (also not an exaggeration, girls leaking out of both ends). And that means never being totally caught up on laundry.
It means finding legos every where and being afraid for Molly's life when she begins to crawl.
Being a mom right now means letting go of some control and I'm a control person so that is just the hardest.
It's being tired a lot and being giddy when I get to sleep 6 hours straight.
Being a mom right now means trying to figure out how to interact with a five year old who thinks he's 20 and talks to me like I'm just the worst (he actually tells me that I'm the worst and that I'm making today "the worst day of his life" on a regular basis....).
It's loving to nurse and bond with my baby and hating to nurse and be stuck sitting...
Being a mom right now is saving lots of "to do's" for the end of the day when the kids are asleep but then being so burnt out that I have no desire to do any of them.
It's feeling so happy and joyous and so much love and feeling sad and frustrated, helpless and so much anger.
Being a mom means trying so hard to enjoy the moment even though there are lots of challenges that come with that moment.
It means looking at my three beautiful children and being amazed that they are mine!
Being a mom is legos and building forts, reading lots of books and coloring.
It means looking for joy in things that are not super obvious.
And right now being a mom means becoming a better me. Even though it can be so painful, I feel myself growing all the time. Learning. Becoming a better mom, wife and person. It is the biggest blessing and gift and the biggest responsibility. It is often so overwhelming, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. And I couldn't do it without my biggest cheerleader Tim and my parents and siblings close by being listening ears and giving me advice. I'm super pooped, but it's good. Being a mom is good. Life is good!





LOVED this post. Always brightens my day to see some pics and hear about motherhood. Thanks for the shoutout in the last post! Come back to SD asap!
ReplyDelete