We headed up to the cabin for General Conference last weekend and to get a little taste of Fall weather. It delightful!! The weather was on point. Chilly enough to have a fire, but warm enough to take comfortable walks. And General conference was on point! So many of the talks were just for me. I walked away being inspired to be better at prayer, scripture study, being happy, doing my best and not being so hard on myself. My favorite quote from the entire conference was Elder Nelson, "The joy we feel has little to do with the circumstances of life and everything to do with the focus of our lives." Another quote that really struck a chord with me was Elder Robbins, "The way you see a child is the way you treat them and the way you treat them is what they will become." Overall it was a great weekend. Its usually a lot of work to travel and sleep with the kids, but totally worth it!
While waiting for Oliver to get done with school, so we could leave town, we gave Molly her first driving lesson. She did pretty good ;)
Saturday morning I got to go on a beautiful hike with Whit and my Dad! It's always nice to spend time with them.
Sweet Molly chillin in her little rocker.
Peter trying to get a worm in his cup.
The worm he was trying to capture. It's so fat ugly! It must be on its way to the "Ugly Bug Ball" (please tell me you know that song!?!)
Four boys up to no good!
It's fun for them to all be outside together.
Three weeks apart. And they are each others bestest friends and worstest enemies.
Some apple pie baking in between sessions.
Elle helped too!
I gave Whit a pretty great french braid.
And made Elle's hair look fancy too! I need to step up my hair game now that I have a little girl. I love that I have a little girl!!
Tim brought some print outs to make 3-D paper models. These are the boys Pearl Harbor airplanes.
A little Peter snuggle on the couch.
Peter playing 1-2-3 and trying to kick Grandpa in the bum.
Group selfie!
These two are pretty good buds. Tim is wearing his "house shorts". I recently ordered him a couple of pairs of cotton shorts to wear when he gets home from work and out of his dirty scrubs and well, I'm afraid they're all he might wear from here on out.
She fell asleep in the carrier and when she woke up she popped her eyes right open and looked at me just like this.
Late night feeding, sweet girl.
Chillin' with grandma.
Going for a ride in the wheel barrow and lovin' it!
F A L L ! ! !
There's nothing like a little fresh air and general conference to renew your spirit!






















No comments:
Post a Comment