I love Christmas!! And I love when Christmas Day or Eve falls on a Sunday. It just seems so fitting. This year it was Christmas Eve. We all got in our Christmas Church Best and headed for just an hour long church service. There was lots of singing and a wonderful talk about the Savior. I loved it!!
I love these three!
And this sweet little family of mine!
And this baby girl!! Still so happy 20 months later, that I had a girl!
After church we came home and my kids got to work playing with a Christmas present to them from my friend. A bunch of jungle and safari animals. They were in heaven!! And we got in sweats and watched A Christmas Story. So funny!
We headed to my moms house around 2:30 and enjoyed chatting with all the family and friends as they arrived.
Then we ate a delicious dinner...
The traditional Mexican food...
Green Chilli Burros with lots of fixin's...
And my mom does a great job setting up beautiful tables so that everyone has a seat.
After dinner we played a game unwrapping gift cards and candy that was rolled up in plastic wrap while wearing gloves and unwrapping until the person next to you rolls doubles...it was FUNNY!
And got a little intense, but I think everyone was happy with what they walked away with.
The kids put on the nativity.
It was pretty adorable.
We did a little craft with the kids and then Whitney and Cody and their families went to their in-laws and we stayed for a little while longer chatting and cleaning up. We managed to get a nice sibling picture in before the night was over.
We made it home by 8pm and this is the best picture I could get of Christmas PJ's in front of the tree. Molly was not interested in participating.
So I got this one of the boys.
Tim and I watched the last episode of season two of the Crown to give the kids plenty of time to fall asleep and then Santa got to work...It's the best part!
We all slept in until 7am...it was amazing!
We did stockings in our bed.
Peter's faces were this priceless for the rest of the morning.
The boys loved their Santa presents and Molly knew right where her toy was left.
Peter gave me a cute handprint that he made at preschool.
Molly got a hooded blanket...
And refused to take it off.
Oliver questioned us getting him hiking shoes... "shoes? are you serious?" I didn't have the heart to tell him that clothes would most likely make up half of his Christmas gifts in the future....
Peter was excited to get the Wild Kratts DVD. We miss having those guys on Netflix.
Molly started putting things in her baby carriage....
Including herself!! Hahaha!
Peter got a Hatchimal for Christmas. One of the best unexpected gifts given. he was so giddy about it and almost lost it when it started to hatch. We had to speed over to my parents house so they could witness the miracle of the baby bird hatching.
We waited for the rest of the family to arrive and then I got to hand out my "big gift".
I gave my grandparents, parents, uncle and siblings each a copy of a shutterfly book that I made of the history of Oak Creek. It was a very fun moment for me.
Everyone had fun looking through the book.
I'm so glad we got all of this family history compiled in one place.
Then we ate our traditional Christmas Breakfast. SO GOOD!! My mom's cinnamon rolls were on point this year!
and then the madness of opening presents began!
It was so fun!
The kids all got blanket tails that they loved!
And they began LEGO building in the corner.
Grandpa matched Molly with her new crowns.
And then we spent the rest of the day cleaning up, and playing and laying around. It was wonderful!!
I LOVE Christmas!! I love giving and receiving. I love traditions and being with family. I love celebrating my Savior and making time for moments to remember all that his birth meant. And I love when its all over and it's time to put things away and start making resolutions :) So with that said,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!














I can't get over how joyful the kids look! LOVE all the smiles and excitement! You're a great mom. They'll treasure their childhood Christmas memories forever. That family history book looks really special. Must've taken forever to make...
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet of you Noel!! It was a very fun Christmas!
Delete