I'll be honest with you, I was a little skeptical when we moved to Phoenix. I thought that only San Diego had fun things for toddlers (I'm sure it was primarily the weather adjustment that got me so worked up), but it turns out there are some pretty great things to do in Phoenix. Yesterday Whitney and I took the boys to the zoo.
So aside from getting to be with my nephews Oliver gets to be with his cousins. I'm pretty sure Crew will be the bigger brother he never had. Oliver is already pretty obsessed with him, so that is a fun thing about Phoenix. And the zoo is pretty great too. San Diego is a hard act to follow, but Phoenix definitely holds its own.
I told Oliver to give the monkey a hug and he actually responded which made me so happy because lately he has been choosey on what he responds to.
Crew kept asking if we could see the Kimono Dragon and I had no idea what he was talking about (I automatically though insect due to dragon flies) and then when we found it I was amazed. That is the largest lizard I have ever seen in my life.
After the zoo we braved the mall with the boys. We went to Scottsdale Fashion Square which is probably the worlds best mall and we found 80's outfits for Whit's totally fabulous 80's party. Pictures of that to come!
Tim had the day off today so we made our way over to McCormick Ranch Railroad park. We took Oliver on the train and the carousel. It's such a fun park and I told Tim it would be the perfect place for a kids Birthday Party. I smell a train themed party for Oliver in my future :)
I think Oliver and Goldfish are officially attached. I opted out of buying more at the store today, I think they may need a break from each other. Also, please notice the hole in my favorite pair of jeans. It just wore through last week and I'm pretty sad about the situation.
Oliver was much more interested in the carousel than last time. It was pretty cute watching him wave to Tim every time we passed. He also kept petting the horses mane.
Tim took me to a fun trendy little restaurant called FEZ for our date. That's one of the funny things about being married to a resident (or doctor for that matter). Because he works weekends so often, we go on dates on his days off which often fall on week days. And another fabulous benefit of living at my parents is getting to skip out after the baby is asleep so we can have a little date. SO GREAT! My parents are the best. Tangent: Tim and I went to grab dinner on Monday night (a quick burrito run) and right after we ordered my dad called say that Oliver had thrown up all over his crib and was awake and crying. By the time we got home he had already been bathed and his bedding was in the washer. We had very little cleaning up left. My parents are saints. The only thing worse than cleaning up your own kids throw up is cleaning up is cleaning up someone else's kids throw up. We owe my parents one for sure!
Anyway, FEZ was a fun trendy little place. I don't know if I'd recommend it. I think the food was a little too trendy and funky for my taste buds, but it was fun to try a new restaurant.
I started sharing my ice cream with Oliver today and he decided my lap was the safest place to be to keep the goods coming. I honestly LOVE to share delicious treats with this kid. I guess I secretly hope that he has the same love for goodies that I do. I love this kid, especially when he's being sweet ;)
Phoenix is pretty great and when the weather relaxes, it's heaven!



Diggin' your bangs, Sydney!
ReplyDeleteOh, why thank you Erin!! It's fun to switch it up
Delete