Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Hip! Hip! Hooray!

Tim is finally done with the ICU, hip! hip! hooray! I was not a huge fan of that rotation. 14-15 hour days makes a stranger out of him and tired out of both of us. He is back in the ER which is delightful! I love the length of the shifts and the variation in start and end times......I wonder how Tim feels about it? The best part? He usually gets two days off a week which is AMAZING and today happened to be one of those days (even though we both wish it was Thursday). This morning we went for a really nice hike with Oliver in tow. The weather was nice (even though it is far too warm for Thanksgiving time). It was good to get out of the house as a family and do a little exercising. 

We forgot to bring a hat for Oliver so we took turns sharing ours and surprisingly he kept it on

Family photo op

And here is what I have decided, parenting is MUCH easier with two people. It's just a fact of life. Oliver, bless his little heart, is starting to go through a rough patch with lots of tantrum throwing and on days that Tim is around it all seems much more manageable. So, we (me) are so glad when he has a little more time to spend at home, like I said, hip! hip! hooray!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Do you ever just sit down and watch tv?? Just curious. You're always doing so many fun things.
    I agree - two parents are better than one, but wait until your 3rd child, when the ratio is not in your favor. Exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha Cynthia, you are funny! We do watch TV, I think I have even referenced my obsession with Once upon a time and Downton abbey :) Unfortunately Oliver will have nothing to do with the screen, so we go until he sleeps.
    I'm nervous about the 3 to 1 ratio......yikes! It's a good thing they come one at a time (hopefully)

    ReplyDelete