Tim, Oliver and I along with my parents drove up to my sisters neighborhood (where there are lots of kids) and took Oliver along with my sisters kids trick 'r treating and it was amazing. I soon realized that parents don't let their one year olds go trick 'r treating for the candy (we can easily just buy a bag for 50% off the day after Halloween and let him eat that) they do it for the experience. It is pure entertainment and Oliver LOVED it! Besides who doesn't want to hear tons of strangers telling you that your child is the cutest thing they have ever seen or that their costume is the best so far (even though they had no idea what he was)?
Oliver would delightedly walk up to people or their doors and lean forward and with all the desire he could muster say "peeeeeeeeese". Then depending on how the stranger gave the candy he would either reach in their bucket grabbing a handful (which I quickly corrected and told him "just one") or he would excitedly take the offered piece of candy from their hand and then quickly ask for more "peeeeeeese". And every once in a while he would say "thank you" in his own little way without being reminded. It was pretty much the cutest. Tim and I were busting at the seems with delight for our little boy (oh the joys of first time parents).
After a while Oliver was starting to realize that he was doing all of this hard work and his candy was just sitting there wasting away in the bucket. So, when he would get new candy he would hold it in his hand. At one point he got a Kit-Kat which he quickly put directly in his mouth wrapper and all and bit down and started chewing. It took a lot of prying to get it out of his mouth and hand and was quite the show for the candy distributer. He did the same thing with a tootsie roll and a sucker. We finally gave him the sucker and decided to call it quits.
Rhett was a super cute little monster, but he didn't want to keep his hat on (I don't blame him, I'm still in shock that Oliver kept his on)
Grandpa with the boys
The First House
Oliver just went for it
Showing him to hold his bucket out
Success!
Just hanging out with mom
Yep, bit right through the wrapper
"Peeeeeeese"
I think the bucket may have been a little too big for him, but it was too cute to watch him carry it
Sucker = success and "all done"
Doby's Shadow












I feel like you've sort of transformed with those new bangs, into this super chic mom, that lives in AZ now ;)
ReplyDeleteSeeing Oliver hold that pumpkin is PRICELESS! I wish he would have came to my door!
His costume looks great! Did you make it?! What a darling little guy.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like so much fun! I love his little costume. So cute.
ReplyDelete