Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Oliver's Room

So our new place (which I'm kinda obsessed with) is a work in progress. I like to get everything done really fast and right now, but unfortunately between Tim's schedule and funding we are going to have to slow down a bit. It's been sooooo fun setting up shop and trying to find the perfect home for everything. Instead of overloading with a billion pictures of the entire place I thought I would just do one room at a time (sorry Aunt Dru). This will buy me time to get more things done. I thought we could start with Oliver's room. It's simple and cute and is a pretty similar replica of what we had in San Diego (minus the extra full bed).

Oliver's "tuul's". Unfortunately he knows the difference between the real ones and the plastic ones these days and he prefers the real deal. One of the best parts about this house is that it's so small and I can hear Oliver playing in his room from the kitchen. So, he can play in there for upwards of 10 minutes unsupervised :)

Tim just informed me that the chair didn't go......maybe he should buy me one that matches?


I'm still pretty proud of the elephant modge podge Tim and I did before Oliver was born

I wanted to tie in some "special" items into his room. Almost all the books on the top shelf were mine as a child.

This was given to me by my late grandma Gail. Oliver calls it his "sweet bunny". He likes to hold it and give it kisses and then put it in his bed for "nigh, nigh". So sweet!

This was Tim's much loved tractor as a kid. I love these metal trucks. I think Oliver will definitely need some one of these days.

Oliver's room is a perfect place for bedtime stories. He's finally at the age where he'll sit and let you read the story. It's kind of the cutest thing ever!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love his little room, and I love that i recognize some of it!

    ReplyDelete