I should start by saying that I think my kitchen is pretty great!! It makes me happy. For one, our sink does not slope to the middle (like it did in San Diego) and we can put glasses in there without being scared for ours or the glasses lives. The countertops are concrete which is kind of cool and the cupboard space is fantastic! Two weird downsides? There are only two drawers (ya think about that for one moment) and there are full-sized cupboards right above the sink (once again think about how weird that is for a minute). But, other than that, I'm happy as a clam. We were kind of lacking in counter space which we quickly made up for by purchasing a fantastic island from Ikea. The kitchen was pretty spacious in the middle and the island fit like it was made to be there. I've decided my dream home will most definitely have an island.
Here she is looking through a passthrough from the living/dining room. The big concrete surface in the bottom of the picture is a really high bar.
I had lots of fun unpacking some of my favorite kitchen knick-knacks. I started a fun little collection while we were in San Diego.
These were given to me by Logan for my Birthday a couple years ago. If you take the tops off they are measuring cups. I love them!
I bought myself this little sugar bowl from anthropologie. It was a little bit of a splurge, but I love it. Unfortunately it was one of the few casualties during the move and storage, but we were able to glue it back together and it looks pretty good if you don't look too close for the crack.
Tim "installed" those great lights underneath the cupboards. We figured if we were going to have a weird low cupboard above the sink we might as well have some light to see what we are doing.
Isn't this little Island fantastic? I am pretty convinced we are going to paint it. I saw a picture on pinterest that has inspired me. More to come on that.
My plate collection
My friend gave me this delightful owl vase for my Birthday one year. I love it!
This is our new clock from Ikea.
The clock is hanging above the door in the middle....the lighting was weird. But you can see the kitchen leads right out to the patio.
And then some more angles of the kitchen:
Oh to have my very own kitchen!!! It's so exciting!


You have an adorable kitchen. I love your plate collection. And you can never go wrong with an island. I love ours.
ReplyDeleteI'm curious about the cupboards above the sink . . . when you lean over to work in your sink, are you hitting your forehead on the cupboards?
The owl vase is bomb.com, if you ever get sick of it, think of giving it to me first!
ReplyDeleteLove what you've done with the place! That's so weird with the cabinets above the sink, but I like that you made the best of it with those fancy lights ;)
ReplyDeletePS: you are the coolest aunt ever for babysitting all those cute kiddies, and I kinda wish I'd have been there because you're just so darn fun!