Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Best Salsa EVER!!!!

Every once in a blue moon, when I actually try something that I've pinned on Pinterest, it turns out to be the best thing ever. I found a salsa recipe that is just that. It is delicious and simple and totally worth a try. Having attempted homemade salsa in the past and ended up with semi-edible pico, I would say one of the tricks to this salsa is that canned tomatos. It makes the constancy more liquidy and less chunky and yet there is still some chunkiness in it........just try it for yourself and you'll see. I linked above to the recipe and also pasted it below. If you try it let me know what you think!

Ingredients:
1 - 14 oz can diced tomatos
1 - 10 oz can original rotel (the one with the green chilies)
1/2 small onion, roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
1/2 Jalapeno, seeded or not (I actually used a more mild Aneheim pepper and didn't put very much in at all. We are wimps when it comes to hot stuff)
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cumin
small to medium size handful of cilantro, washed
juice of 1 lime

Instructions:
Put all the ingredients in the base of a food processor or good blender (I just used my blender) and pulse to combine for 30 seconds or so until all the ingredients are finely chopped and salsa is desired consistency. Taste for seasoning and adjust to taste.



2 comments: