Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Make that two boys!!

That's right, there was no question at todays appointment that this new little baby is going to be a boy!! I think Tim and I are both a little shocked to be honest with you. We were pretty sure this one was going to be a girl. There are so many reasons why it's so fun that it's a boy. For one I think that Oliver is going to love to have a brother to play with and wrestle with and relate with. Two, it is going to save us a whole lot of money on girls clothes :) And three, I know boys (or so I think). I do have a couple of concerns though. First off, what if I never get a girl?? That would actually make me super sad. Second, competition irritates the heck out of me (especially when it's siblings) and I just hope that these two boys will support each other instead of compete with each other. And lastly, what if those boys are too out of control? Boys can be pretty rambunctious you know?!?! I guess there are pros and cons to both and regardless I am so excited that everything looks good and the baby is healthy and moving like a crazy person in there. He did not want to stay still for that ultrasound and over the past week I've begun to feel a little movement, which is hands down my favorite part about being pregnant.

Look at his handsome little profile.

 One things for sure, Oliver was a pretty dang cute baby, so I have a good feeling that this little boy will follow in his older brothers footsteps. I mean, just look at him!



And he is Oh so tiny!! Isn't it amazing how little there start out?!?!?

Well, hopefully there are no more surprises from here on out. I'm crossing my fingers that we are smooth sailing to birth. Can you believe I'm already 17 weeks? My half way point is just around the corner.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! So happy for you guys. Two little boys will be so much crazy fun. Madeline and Charlie compete already and they're boy and girl and almost 3 years apart. So I think the sibling competition is inevitable. We just have to figure out how to help them out with it. Oliver was SO tiny! I wonder if this new little guy will look like him. My three kids all look completely different. Never know how those genes will line up. :) So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!!! Yes, I want that girl someday too, but the closer we get to this the more grateful I am this one's a boy. I just don't think Easton would be a doting older brother to a sister. I think he would terrorize her, where he would find another boy who loves "boy stuff" to be pretty fun. So here's the idea--let the two boys go off to play together and leave me in peace!!! Also, they are going to be nuts. But I think Easton is less nuts when he has another boy around to play with because they get engrossed in something. So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, your title sounded like you were having twins!
    I think the competition/support issue can be taught and nurtured in your home. You'll never get away from competition completely, even if they were girls.

    ReplyDelete