Monday, July 8, 2013

A Very Happy Fourth of July

We got to go to the cabin for the Fourth of July again this year. Poor Tim only had the 3rd off so he drove Oliver and I up on the 2nd and had to come home to the heat after dinner on the 3rd. I was glad he got to spend even just a day with us. It is so much fun to be up there with my family and watch all the little cousins play and make memories. The two nights that all of us were up there (minus Tim of course) I laughed so hard I thought I may go into preterm labor. My family cracks me up!! 

On the Fourth of July we did a mini parade and let all the kids march around with little flags singing patriotic songs. Then we played water-balloon games and had a pretty amazing water balloon fight, which my dad vowed not to participate in because he usually makes someone cry (on accident of course) and could only refrain from throwing a water balloon for the first 30 seconds of the fight. Gotta love my dad. I got to go hiking with him a couple of times which was so refreshing. I miss hiking with him. It's too hot in Phoenix and I am getting too big to risk falling over. The kids had a blast playing in the creek and going on our traditional walk/hike to the local market for an ice cream. Considering the amount of people we had living in such tight quarters, it couldn't have been a more enjoyable few days. 

Of course I had to make a movie for the occasion. There were way too many pictures to scroll through and lets be honest, a little back up music always makes looking at pictures more enjoyable, right?!?!

2 comments:

  1. OK NOW THIS IS GETTING WEIRD! Not only do our kids have the same wardrobe, I just bought Bryan that same shirt Tim is wearing. We are truly kindred spirits!!!! You look amazing and adorable pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the video! Wish I was there. Oliver is too cute and so are you.

    ReplyDelete