It was too big to have bound into one book, so there are two......you'll see why
I tried to include every detail so I wouldn't forget
He flew into Phoenix on July 18th and spent a lot of the day with my sister putting the finishing touches on the proposal. I got off work late in the afternoon and headed home to find Whitney there. She asked me very nicely to go and get her a water from the basement. I'm not sure why I was so willing, but I just skipped on down stairs to find a note in the fridge. WHAT?!?!? Tim was already in town? But he was a day early. Surely this was it. This was the proposal. (It was inevitable I had given him the green light to propose). But I looked so hot and sweaty and gross from work......... I went on a cute little scavenger hunt all around the house, inside and out and at the end......no ring......just Tim :) But I was pretty happy he surprised me. I LOVE surprises and he knew/knows it.
This is the note I found in the fridge downstairs
This is the last note that I found and it led me back to the basement where I started.
At around midnight (maybe 30 minutes after we had gone to bed) Tim called my phone. Why is he calling me? He's sleeping just down the hall. He instructed me to go out into the back yard. Then I found these instructions:
I loved this note.....being that I was already awake and all
306 notes!!!! Folded up into little tiny fancy squares (that's what you do when you spend an entire night in an airport)
He got me a cute little basket to put the notes in
And then I walked around and picked up 306 notes.......it kinda hurt my back after a while ;)
You can still see the folded lines
Can you think of 306 things you like about you're spouse?!?! This is serious business!
All the notes led to the front yard where Tim was waiting for me with a blindfold. He drove me up to a look out point by Squaw Peak. It was beautiful! And then he popped the question and I said yes after wetting my pants because the ring was amazing. Then he played Etta James "At Last" because it took us a "long" time to get to this point. But it was so worth it.
Isn't that the most fantastic story? Maybe because it's mine, but I LOVE it!!!
And now look at me!! 25 weeks (only 15 left....not that I'm counting down....)
I also have to mention that three years ago today Logan had Jaw surgery and that changed his look forever and his ability to feel his chin. Glad you were beautified Logan and that your jaw no longer resembles Jay Leno's!
It also marks the date of my dear friend Mitch Menlove's death. Mitch and his wife Elizabeth were like siblings to me. They were my mentors. I bought my first car from them. I spent countless number of hours with them getting advice and babysitting their kids. Mitch's sudden death was so sad, but was such a good reminder to live every day with joy and to not take anything for granted. Love you Mitch and Elizabeth!











I don't think i've ever heard that story in complete detail...kudos to Tim! Color me impressed!
ReplyDeleteAlso, could you look more fabulous in that 25 week photo...NO! You are so great! Miss you!